Measuring the power consumption of a battery driven device

gordon s

While on topic of batteries something I've noticed in general, why is it that when you buy something new which needs batteries like say telly with remote control the batteries supplied, usually some unknown Chinese heavy duty make, last far longer than the replacements brought years later?

It seems the same with everything, torches, remote controls, telephone, key frogs, Christmas tree lights, the original batteries last year's, sometimes longer that the product, they also tend not to leak either when dead

While on topic of batteries something I've noticed in general, why is it that when you buy something new which needs batteries like say telly with remote control the batteries supplied, usually some unknown Chinese heavy duty make, last far longer than the replacements brought years later?

It seems the same with everything, torches, remote controls, telephone, key frogs, Christmas tree lights, the original batteries last year's, sometimes longer that the product, they also tend not to leak either when dead

Can't say I agree