RMweb

Zimo Decoder Firmware Update

bigal10

Hi Folks,

And a Happy New Year to all !!

Does anyone know if there are any Really Useful changes to the operations of my Zimo Sound Decoders included in the Firmware Update of 22nd December 2017?

(And also, to the operation of my shiny new MX821V servo decoder?)

Regards,

Alan.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan

It looks like the main addition (but not necessarily the only one) with the new software is to compliment an identification feature in the new MX32 firmware. I'll update my system along with a sample decoder tomorrow and dodgy German translation ( on my part) permitting give it a try!

The MX820/821 firmware looks like V4 which was the launch firmware for the MX821 so won't be any different to what you already have.

Cheers Colin

Edited by Shropshire Lad

• RMweb Premium

A question regarding Zimo Sound Decoders.

If you update the firmware of a sound decoder containing a sound project, does it destroy the sound project?

No it doesn't, I've got a number locos which have had features added via firmware updates and retain their original sound projects

• 1 month later...

Thanks Nigel,

I'm sure I must have asked you (and others) this before, but....

Where on the Zimo website do you read the 'Version Descriptions' ?

Alan.

Or get an up to date Manual in English, the English versions on the website seem to be over a year behind the German language Manuals.

Find the decoder updates page, then click the " Alle green-plus.gif  expandieren  ".   Scroll down a long way, reading version details against each decoder type.  Lots of scrolling, short bursts of reading. 

Or just expand the decoder group of interest.

Cheers Nigel,

Got that now, Ta.

How do you update the firmware?

With Zimo update hardware. Which is several Zimo devices, and probably the Roco Z21.

Is this a sprog job?

No. You need maker specific hardware. So, Lenz decoders need Lenz hardware to update them. ESU need ESU hardware, etc.. etc.. Both Zimo and ESU release new features fairly regularly. But, only worth updating if you actually *need* the new features.