Schlieren Bogie

c2c

After much time spent surfing the web trying to find detailed drawings & pictures etc of the Schlieren bogie pictured below I have now practically hit a brick wall !  So I'm really hoping that someone here can help me. 

Close up pictures of its construction is what I am after especially the underside.  Also information of anyone knowing of a depot in the South East or neighbouring counties that has rolling stock on its sidings which have these bogies.

Although pretty much that is out there on the web I have seen scouring google images etc, but any kind of information connected to the Schlieren you feel would be helpful to me will be really appreciated.

Dave

p915078420-3_zpssoqyxzqi.jpg

After much time spent surfing the web trying to find detailed drawings & pictures etc of the Schlieren bogie pictured below I have now practically hit a brick wall !  So I'm really hoping that someone here can help me. 

Close up pictures of its construction is what I am after especially the underside.  Also information of anyone knowing of a depot in the South East or neighbouring counties that has rolling stock on its sidings which have these bogies.

Although pretty much that is out there on the web I have seen scouring google images etc, but any kind of information connected to the Schlieren you feel would be helpful to me will be really appreciated.

Dave

Dear Anonymous

I would much prefer you to link to my photos than post them on here. RMWeb members are very good about this request. http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/murcotea/e368afd14

Paul

If you can't see it in photos who cares?

These bogies always struck me as being particularly dull, even for wagon bogies...

Jon

Hi Jon

You are an absolute star. 

Those pictures are so far without any doubt the best I have seen taken of these bogies. and will be an asset to my project.

Thank you for posting them.

Kind regards

Dave

Edited by c2c

Dear Anonymous

I would much prefer you to link to my photos than post them on here. RMWeb members are very good about this request. http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/murcotea/e368afd14

Paul

My apologies, but as they where freely available on the web I honestly didn't realise I would offend by posting one on here especially as it had your name written on it.

Dave

Edited by c2c
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Only just come across this thread, so apologies if this info is too late.

Schlierens were also used under Sheerness Steel POA, later JXA 102t scrap metal bogie wagons. You used to be able to see these in quantity at Queenborough, Sheerness and Hoo Junction, but no longer alas. They are still in use elsewhere however, but now owned by VTG I believe, but you will need to track them down.

I need to model these for the Sheerness layout I am planning, and have so far tracked down cast bogies from S-Kits, which are fairly simple to make (I have four pairs of them waiting to be built up), but I have just discovered that the Colin Craig versions have been transferred to a company called Stenson. On their web site you can download the instructions, which give you a good idea of the construction. These are much more complex to build but are sprung! see http://www.stensonmodels.co.uk/product/bogie-schlieren-m25-cc15b/

• RMweb Premium

Only just come across this thread, so apologies if this info is too late.

Schlierens were also used under Sheerness Steel POA, later JXA 102t scrap metal bogie wagons. You used to be able to see these in quantity at Queenborough, Sheerness and Hoo Junction, but no longer alas. They are still in use elsewhere however, but now owned by VTG I believe, but you will need to track them down.

I need to model these for the Sheerness layout I am planning, and have so far tracked down cast bogies from S-Kits, which are fairly simple to make (I have four pairs of them waiting to be built up), but I have just discovered that the Colin Craig versions have been transferred to a company called Stenson. On their web site you can download the instructions, which give you a good idea of the construction. These are much more complex to build but are sprung! see http://www.stensonmodels.co.uk/product/bogie-schlieren-m25-cc15b/

Stenson Models is Phil Eames. He owns Calcutta Sidings.

Cheers,

Mick

If you can't see it in photos who cares?

These bogies always struck me as being particularly dull, even for wagon bogies...

attachicon.gifschlieren002.jpg

Can anyone supply information who manufactured the axle box for the Schlieren please?

Dave

Edited by c2c