Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Which loco does this chassis fit

Wondering if someone could help me please, I have bought an etched chassis for an 0-6-2t loco. The wheelbase for the drivers is 29.5 x 24 mm. Had a quick search but no idea which loco it is for. Took a chance it might be for a 56xx but too small

Thanks in advance

Could be one of the welsh coal field tank locos ?

Hurry Richards O4 0-6-2T for the Taff? That caught my eye when I first saw a picture for having this unusual feature (other than for Stephenson long boiler types) of the second to third spacing being way shorter than the first to second.

Thanks for the quick answers, I think they are a set of Gibson milled frames (with holes rather than slots) in which case either an A or 01 class. Pity its not for a U class though given the fact that there is no bespoke SEF U class chassis ( it takes the Hornby Dublo R1 chassis) it could pass for one much better than the R1 chassis

Thanks again for all the assistance

G'day, all,

Another possibility would be the ex-Cardiff Railway 0-6-2s, nos. 160, 161, 151 and 152, whose wheelbase was 7'5" + 6'0" + 6'6.5". Very imposing locos, with full-length side tanks, sloping down towards the front.

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1

The Dublo R1 chassis is 26mm + 31mm* (inherited from the N2) or thereabouts (Meccano Ltd, was a strictly imperial business), which is rather the wrong way round for the above'

Interestingly about right for an H0 N2....

Edited by Il Grifone

The Dublo R1 chassis is 26mm + 31mm* (inherited from the N2) or thereabouts (Meccano Ltd, was a strictly imperial business), which is rather the wrong way round for the above'

Interestingly about right for an H0 N2....

As we know from the past many kits started life as body only kits using RTR chassis, which at that time were both not a cheap option nor were there the variety about. Was of a time where the looks above the footplate were of more concern that under the footplate

Strange you bought up the N2 as I have a Stephen Poole kit (mostly unmade) which I have just unpacked from storage, looking at the instructions the only mention is to use a Triang or Wrenn chassis, no fitting instructions but looking at the footplate I think it is designed for either the Jinty or R1 chassis, plus no rear pony truck. One for eBay as I have a Nucast version with a Comet chassis

Back to the question re the chassis, whilst its not totally correct for a Wills U1 class its nearer than a R1 chassis. Will I ever get round to using it is another question