Black Drake Wharf II

vaughan45

4 hours ago, Andrew Young said:

Seconded about the bus and the lucam. Wonder whether you could convert one to O-16.5?

That was probably my original intention many moons ago, it is very Colonel Stephens railbus shaped and the body parts from the chassis easily, the chassis is plastic too so would be carveable to provide the wings etc. I wonder if the Airfix Railbus motorizing kit that used to be available ( Branchlines? ) would do for the railway bits?

Edited by Phil Traxson
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil and Graham - there’s a couple of them on eBay going cheap, so have stuck a bid on one. Looks like the Elsbridge Tramway Company may be getting some competition in the near future...!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Phil Traxson said:

That was probably my original intention many moons ago, it is very Colonel Stephens railbus shaped and the body parts from the chassis easily, the chassis is plastic too so would be carveable to provide the wings etc. I wonder if the Airfix Railbus motorizing kit that used to be available ( Branchlines? ) would do for the railway bits?

Thanks Phil. Shall have to get one and see what I can make out of it, the Branchlines railbus motorising kit sounds like a good place to start. Will just liaise with Neil so we don’t bid against each other on the same ones.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 years later...

Progress still being made,slowly! A new longer fiddle stick/yard has been produced for the left hand end. As this end has two exit lines which differ in height by 10 mm the fiddle is longer than I would really like as the rear road has to have a down grade to the sector plate. If I had used points it would have made it longer than the layout! It was exhibition tested at the Trent Valley 7mm narrow gauge "do" in Mickleover and certainly added to operating interest.  Excuse the poor start and end to the video, operating and picture taking really needs 3 hands!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1