What happened to the NSE Mk2d

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

On discovering a part finished respray of a Mk2d first as 13575 in network south east livery, it’s got me wondering what ever happened to this coach post privatisation.

Annoyingly the simple answer of looking in the 1997 and 1998 platform fives hasn’t helped as I don’t believe it has the operator (just owner F and depot OM)

So assuming it was actually in use, who was using this coach in the late 90s

• RMweb Gold

Longworth states withdrawn in August 1993. The Vintage Carriage Trust site shows that it remained in NSE livery after privatisation. http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=4160

Thanks for the confirmation

It can stay in the to do pile until I find a use for it. I had hoped it would be in use with virgin, gw or fraggonset mixed in with Intercity mk2s

Thanks for the confirmation

It can stay in the to do pile until I find a use for it. I had hoped it would be in use with virgin, gw or fraggonset mixed in with Intercity mk2s

You still could use it, along with a rake of mouldy coaching stock and 47540....

I thought it had been preserved but it seems that is no longer the case.

I think it was one of the coaches purchased and stored near the A1 but very little work was carried out on them and when the site was cleared it, along with most of the other coaches, went for scrap at Booths (I think it was).