Long straight wire. Anyone know a supplier please?

You are very unlikely to find a mail order supplier for such long lengths. This is due to Royal Mail not accepting parcels that long (as I found out when trying to post Peco yard lengths of track to an on-line auction purchaser) It has to be sent by Parcelforce at exhorbitant minimum prices unless the trader is prpared to use Hermes

Tim T

... long lengths of straight wire please? Preferably nickel silver ...

Take nickel silver wire of desired diameter, pass through gas flame heating to a consistent dull red to anneal. Allow to cool, clamp one end in a bench vice, pull slowly and gently on other end with pliers to extend and work harden, and it will be straight. Also slightly reduced in diameter, usually no bad thing for detailing. Be safe and use eye protection, and an insulating glove is a good plan.

• Like 1

You are very unlikely to find a mail order supplier for such long lengths. This is due to Royal Mail not accepting parcels that long (as I found out when trying to post Peco yard lengths of track to an on-line auction purchaser) It has to be sent by Parcelforce at exhorbitant minimum prices unless the trader is prpared to use Hermes

Tim T

Max length for Royal Mail is 900mm.

Try searching for rod, wire is normally coiled, whereas rod is straight. 

Hi all.

Does anyone know where i can get long lengths of straight wire please? Preferably nickel silver and definitely not Piano Wire.

Hopefully 36" or 1mt.

Cheers

Dave.