BR Departmental Lettering transfers, 1950s

I haven't found any answers by searching, so here goes.... I have a couple of departmental vehicles (gas tank and a sludge tender) which I'd like to letter up for the Great Eastern section in the 1950s. Can anyone suggest a good source of transfers to butcher? I have looked through the CCT range but can't see any which appear obvious and there doens't appear to be much in Modelmaster either.

Ideally it will be white, Gill Sans and in varying sizes. Something along the lines of DB966513 in Paul Bartlett's collection here.

Edited by jwealleans

I haven't found any answers by searching, so here goes.... I have a couple of departmental vehicles (gas tank and a sludge tender) which I'd like to letter up for the Great Eastern section in the 1950s. Can anyone suggest a good source of transfers to butcher? I have looked through the CCT range but can't see any which appear obvious and there doens't appear to be much in Modelmaster either.

Ideally it will be white, Gill Sans and in varying sizes. Something along the lines of DB966513 in Paul Bartlett's collection here.

Why white? The lettering for your 1950s period should be yellow lining paint.

Paul

Having written that this photo was referred to on another topic - it shows the difference very well https://www.flickr.com/photos/95430950@N07/9744041760/

Edited by hmrspaul

Well, I had pulled white from the depths of my memory without querying it. I shall do some more research. Fox sounds promising, although I detest their website. Thank you both for your help.

Yellow lettering on black departmental vehicles faded to what appeared to be off-white between (infrequent) overhauls / repaints.

Regards,

John Isherwood.