Class 08 Sound fitting

meatloaf

Hi there

I wish to fit sound to my 08. Obviously theres not a lot of space, but is there a plug and play solution?

Was looking at this loksound micro

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/BR%20class%2008%20MICRO%20sound%20decoder%20with%20speaker%20(8M)

Its a Bachmann 08

LokSound Micro will 'Just' fit using SugarCube speakers.    Charlie-Legomanbiffo.

Hi there

I wish to fit sound to my 08. Obviously theres not a lot of space, but is there a plug and play solution?

Was looking at this loksound micro

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/BR%20class%2008%20MICRO%20sound%20decoder%20with%20speaker%20(8M)

Its a Bachmann 08

They're all plug and play  , i.e. an 8 or 21 pin decoder .

Not wishing to do Howes down but their 08 sound project is a bit old hat compared to others out there.

Its worth going on you tube to see what you can get for your money 

I recently fitted a Bachmann 08, with loksound micro and sugarcube.  It was plug in, but I did swap the speaker.

If you use the ESU supplied sugarcube (part no. 50321) you can mount the speaker with the supplied baffle configured in the double width format.

This will fit in the nose of the loco and produces great sound.

I also drilled out the exhaust port to help the sound escape a little.

I pried the grill off and cut the black area out being it and slotted the sugar cube in said hole and put the grill back in place. That way you get excellent sound from it. I put ESU Loksound decoders in mine.

Both of my 08s below that used that method.

• Like 1