Diddy Yard, OO Gauge in 30cm x 25cm

Guest ShildonShunter

Thanks Jerry and Luke for all the great comments and advice, I will certainly keep everyone updated on my progress with the second half of Diddy Yard.:)

• Like 1

Just found this thread and enjoyed reading through the whole thing. Jerry, I think Diddy Yard is an excellent example of a micro layout. You always seem to produce high standards and new ideas for micro layouts. I hope you are feeling better.

It is great that Diddy Yard has passed to another RMWeb member. Kevin, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks Andyram for your kind words.

I do like trying to challenge myself and with Diddy yard I wanted to see just how small you could go without it looking to cramped and I also like to try and use different ways of using things, as with the crates it was built on, instant baseboard and just the right size.

I hope Kevin gets a lot of joy out of it and I'm pleased it passed on to someone who was enthusiastic and is going to keep it and extend it.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi all after some thought I have come to the dicision to extend Diddy Yard and to continue with the same landscape on the other board.:)

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi I have joined the other board to the existing Diddy Yard and built a frame around both boards. Track laid on second board ready for scenery and ballasting. I'm waiting for a half station and cobbles to arrive. Hope you like the progress long way to go yet.

post-33479-0-61275700-1522929348_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-31890700-1522929367_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-11672400-1522929387_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Looks nice. I like the wooden framing you've built around it

Thanks Luke I'm looking forward to modelling the adjoining board.:)

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

I like how you've left a connection in the frame ready for the third board, Kevin ;)

Thanks Matt always thinking ahead.:)

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Looking good mate, I also like the wooden frame.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry I have done some hill work on the Diddy Yard extension it's coming together nicely.

post-33479-0-51229900-1522945110_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-35789300-1522945125_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's great to see a layout passed on and then further developed and whilst retaining the character created by it's original builder (you did a fantastic job on that Jerry) take on a new look as the new owner develops it. You obviously have a plan and skills to do the original full justice Kevin and I really look forward to seeing the layout develops.

Woody

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Woody and John thanks for the nice comment, Jerry,s railway modelling is fantastic and shows well in Diddy Yard the other board will be an extension to Diddy Yard and I plan to bring the extension up to the same standards.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Thanks Andy and Luke thanks for your comments and is very much appreciated, this type of railway modelling is still new to me and I'm still learning alot. But I am having loads of fun modelling micro layouts and dioramas. I'm pleased with the progress with loads more modelling to be done.:)

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi just an update managed to do some work on the hill area of the layout also cobbles laid and crossing laid ready. Where the pug is I'm putting a small wills kit halt station. Picture of progress.

post-33479-0-02845300-1523190839_thumb.jpg

post-33479-0-01900900-1523207870_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Looking great. I am still not sure on the isolated rear track though.

Hi Andy i appreciate your comments it's all a bit learning curve for me but i am happy to leave the curved track isolated as I will be modelling a disused brakevan or wagon for this section of track. Also I can still use the stores building via the main track.:)

• Like 1

Hi Andy i appreciate your comments it's all a bit learning curve for me but i am happy to leave the curved track isolated as I will be modelling a disused brakevan or wagon for this section of track. Also I can still use the stores building via the main track. :)

Hi Kevin

That section of track will be perfect for a cameo of a disused wagon or brake van. You could make this track very overgrown and really capture an area of decay. I was just thinking that, if your joined it to the other 2 tracks, you will almost create a mini-inglenook puzzle.

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Andy i was thinking along those lines of a wagon or a disused brake van left to the elements with overgrown shrubs and follage.:)

• Like 2

Guest ShildonShunter

Update on Diddy Yard I have managed to get some of the ballast work completed around the track area on the extension all coming together nicely. Some pics.:)

post-33479-0-32333400-1523266880_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-16295600-1523266902_thumb.jpg

• Like 2