Diddy Yard, OO Gauge in 30cm x 25cm

Guest ShildonShunter

Started work on my disused store van for the overgrown siding completed the weathering and some undergrowth growing on the van here are some pictures.

post-33479-0-41738900-1523276684_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-95876100-1523276718_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-66101700-1523276750_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke thanks for your comments this is an unknown part of modelling for me but i think the van has turned out really well. Diddy Yard is coming along nicely. I hope Jerry likes what I am doing..:)

Hi Shildon,

Nice greenery what product did you use? Will you putting more on the underside once in position on the layout? This whole project is coming along very nicely.

Regards John

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi John i can't remember what it's is but it's from gaugemaster and bought it from Trackshack, thanks for your comments John once in place will add more undergrowth..

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 2

Hello Kevin,

For someone who is modelling in a 'unknown' area you are producing things that look great. Experimentation can produce wonderful results as Alan Downes found out when he started using wood dye to colour plastic stone sheets all those years ago. Carry on what you are doing and you'll have a lot of fun and produce something that you will he proud of. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Woody

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry as Woody thanks for your comments I'm really enjoying modelling the extension to Diddy Yard and trying my hand at weathering and applying undergrowth.:)

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi all I have managed to make some progress on the Diddy Yard extension between working shifts. The wood track crossings have been painted and weathered, the cobbled section has a coat of the dark grey ready to apply a light grey but dry brushing to give the cobbles a 3D affect so it matches up with the original cobbled section. The hill areas have been painted ready so I can start scattering the grass and the static grass. Will be concentrating on the holt station during the weekend. Here are some pictures of my progress.:)

post-33479-0-99607100-1523468178_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Quite a bit completed today grass on the hills and around by the holt station, holt station in situ but needs a little weathering. Road laid ready where the holt station is but needs finishing off when dry so it looks churned up and dirt. But really pleased with the progress. Here are a couple of pictures.:)

post-33479-0-98102000-1523542166_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-56945800-1523542320_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke an Andy thanks for the nice comments. Luke I contacted Jerry as I wanted to use the same grass that he used in the Diddy yard and it's lovely grass to work with.:)

• Like 2

Guest ShildonShunter

what grass is it - it looks great!

Luke it's gaugemaster GM 171 summer grass flock really nice thanks to Jerry.;)

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Thanks Woody for your nice comments I'm really pleased with how the Layout is developing.Still a little more to do.:)

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Its looking great, keep up the good work.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry for your comments I'm really pleased with the progress on Diddy Yard.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi all managed to do the finishing touches of the cobbles I laid on the extension of Diddy Yard. Dry brushed over the base colour of the cobbles and it's matched in with Jerrys existing cobbles. Off to work now.:)

post-33479-0-74002900-1523620456_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Guest ShildonShunter

Well this morning I have woke with a sad heart to find that my shed come man cave where I do all my railway dioramas and modelling was broken into most of my tools taken along with the Diddy Yard which I purchased from Jerry and I was enjoying working on the extension part of this layout. There are some horrible scum of the earth people out there. The police are making enquires all my hard work vanished in an instant. Now I'm rethinking of relocating my modelling to the house and find a quiet corner to continue my modelling for extra safety.:(

Edited by ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke it's just unbelievable anything for a quick fix i can understand taking my tools but why a model layout.:(