Little sidings

Guest ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi thought I would share a couple of pictures of the progress so far on my first ever layout build in oo gauge. Layout is a small shunting yard. The brick card walling is still work in progress as well as tunnel area. Track is pinned and weathered and also started laying plaster bandage for grassed areas within the layout. All still progressing.

post-33479-0-89353500-1518352537_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-79679700-1518352565_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 6

Guest ShildonShunter

Thanks Jerry for your kind words the layout is 40"x 8" with the ability to add an extra piece of track from the left for shunting duties. Its all still new to me Jerry and a learning curve but I'm having fun.

Having fun is what's it's all about, I tend to build layouts to the best of my ability and you learn something new all the time, a shunting layout is a great way to learn too and it's fun shunting wagons about.

Trouble is they are very addictive.

Jerry.

Guest ShildonShunter

Some nice tidy woodwork here. A good solid looking board. 

All in all, a super start. Looking forward to seeing it progress - what sort of stock do you intend to run?

Hi Chris will mainly run coal and mineral plank wagons as I have a rake of three Pugh and co wagons and locos will be sentinels and 08 shunters all on DC.

It´s good to see that you start to build minimal , it gives ideas to others what they want to build them .The wall is a good solution that you can hide your small layout.

Another good plan that works is, when your layout on height , to try it on eye-view.It seems like that the layout has depth.

Looking forward for more ...

Greets Alexander 

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Alexander thanks for your comments much appreciated its my first layout build so everything is planned and thought through before my mind is made upon what will be going where on the layout.

• Like 1

Hi Chris will mainly run coal and mineral plank wagons as I have a rake of three Pugh and co wagons and locos will be sentinels and 08 shunters all on DC.

Excellent - can't beat short wheel based shunters (particularly the Sentinel).

Keep up the good work.

Guest ShildonShunter

Looking good, looking forward to more.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry not much to report today apart from giving the grassed areas a coat of brown paint before a start laying the ballast and scatter the grass. On nights tonight so will put a picture up tomorrow.☺

Guest ShildonShunter

Managed to complete the ballasting today waiting for it all to dry before posting pictures but all in all taking shape nicely now.

Guest ShildonShunter

Little bit more progress yesterday managed to complete the ballasting still drying out managed to get the grass scattered and some follage applied to the tunnel area still needs weathering but taking shape.

post-33479-0-61228300-1518691205_thumb.jpg

post-33479-0-17895500-1518698657_thumb.jpg

post-33479-0-68367500-1518698703_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 4

Looks excellent. Super work. I don't wish to be pedantic - and I'm sure you've checked - but I assume the small hut doesn't foul stock/locos going into the siding? It just looks awfully close on one of those pictures.

This layout is right up my street though - looking forward to more.

Guest ShildonShunter

Looks excellent. Super work. I don't wish to be pedantic - and I'm sure you've checked - but I assume the small hut doesn't foul stock/locos going into the siding? It just looks awfully close on one of those pictures.

This layout is right up my street though - looking forward to more.

Hi Chris thanks for expressing your concerns on the hut I made certain there was plenty of room by running some locos and wagons before glueing the hut in place. I'm really happy with the way the layout is progressing still loads to do before its completed.

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Little bit of progress today but not much as I am recovering from pneumonia. Anyway managed to lay some sleepers on the layout but they need a little weathering. Buffer stops with lights fitted and weathered. Still need to do some more follage work but its coming along nicely.

post-33479-0-87005000-1519046975_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-72598200-1519047137_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. Jerry the layout is coming along nicely and I'm planning my next boxfile project while I'm recovering.