The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Error when starting Firefox (Windows 10)

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I started getting this error message only on this one PC after an automatic Firefox update a few weeks ago.

post-6208-0-88225300-1518544279.jpg

It appears when you click the Firefox Icon.

It doesn't seem to affect the operation of Firefox as once you click "OK" it starts normally.

It does it every time and I was wondering what might be causing it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Not getting a startup error, I'm still on W7 and won't upgrade until I have to, then it will probably be to a non MS operating system.

What I do get is on shutdown after closing Fireox, I have to do a forced end, as it is not closing correctly.  Also, I can no longer print straight from a web page, as the new version will  not recognise the HP print driver, and checking, it is no longer supported by Firefox.  So going to the HP site, I find that there is no updated driver available, as my printer is no longer supported due to its age.  If I need to print, I have to go use Chrome as my browser.

Technology - PAH.

• Like 1

What I do get is on shutdown after closing Fireox, I have to do a forced end, as it is not closing correctly.  Also, I can no longer print straight from a web page, as the new version will  not recognise the HP print driver, and checking, it is no longer supported by Firefox.  So going to the HP site, I find that there is no updated driver available, as my printer is no longer supported due to its age.  If I need to print, I have to go use Chrome as my browser.

Technology - PAH.

I also get the close down error in Firefox, and have done on all versions since some time last year.  As to printing, if I have a problem printing directly - which normally I don't - I print to a .pdf file using Primo PDF, and print that file to my normal printer(s).

Colin

As well as more up-to-date laptops and devices, I have an old PC with Windows XP and was using Firefox on that? Reading this thread I am wondering if I’ll have the same problems when I next switch it on? This old machine has stand alone Adobe software which is why I have kept it going. Think I’ll just update the security software and not do any browsing on it.

Edited by Marly51

• RMweb Premium

What is this close down error you are getting?  I have noticed the last couple of days I am getting one but cannot recall what it says.

Windows will not shut down properly and instead, you get a forced shutdown message, then the and unsaved work may be lost message, and then after the forced shutdown, the logoff and close procedures will go normally.