Minories - steam or diesel

• RMweb Gold

CJF originally designed it with suburban tank engine workings in mind. But it works equally well with either transition diesel loco hauled stock (think Moorgate would be the prototype), or indeed with unit working right into the present day. 

The bit that I can’t work out how to make work for both eras are the platforms themselves, specifically the fittings and platform furniture.

You could fit them with magnets so that they can swapped around between operating sessions. Rare earth magnets are very small and very strong and work well for this.

Having had to ‘sleep’ in a hotel in the middle of that lot for the past few nights, I can think of nowhere that is noisier at three o’clock in the morning.

You are right though. Even now there are small two-man workshop businesses in the undercrofts of the posh shops above. Very unusual indeed.

I didn’t say I LIKED it... very noisy place, Brummagem. Something which quite surprised me was the traffic. I’m a London boy and traffic doesn’t bother me, but I never seemed to go anywhere without seeing a collision or accident of some sort.