Long Marton, S&C

peach james

Here's the next steps done:

50583954818_ef2ba2247b_b.jpg 50583955533_e5987e0c4e_b.jpg

As those of you who have done these things know, there's been a bunch of work to get from the photos above to this- everything in the room has moved x2, and then I went and emptied several drawers out into the new cabinets.

I have handles for the cabinets, but need a set of calipers (which are at work) to mark out the 2nd hole location for the handles.  I'm a little surprised IKEA didn't supply an adhesive label to get spacing for the handles.  

Next steps are not in this room- but soon enough, I will be back in there.  I pulled the light covers off the fluorescent lights, they will be coming down, followed by the ceiling.  I might get at that today, or perhaps tomorrow.  I have a bank appointment tomorrow about the Mortgage, it's up for renewal.   I'm not scheduled to work till after my birthday (a week today), so I have a bit of time.

• 1 year later...

I haven’t posted in here in more than a year…ooh…

And apparently, I'm up side down ! 

(with no easy way to correct, according to )

image.jpeg 

The room really is quite blue with the current light setup- there are 2 RGB tapelights (you can see one, on the bottom of the cabinet) and one white one (about the centre of the room...).  I haven't played with the colour balance yet to get a bit yellower of a light than what I have- it has been a challenge to get the 3 hardware boxes to talk to each other and the on/off switch !.  

The first guy looking at replacing the furnace comes on Friday, so then I will have a written quote of how much it's going to cost, and know how much I have to remove from the back room to make it all legal when the installation is done...I hope I don't have to pull the track that is in behind the chimney, but if I do, I do.  

Quite likely, I will have to pile most of LM back up in order to create work room- a bunch can go into the sea can for storage once I have a date with a furnace replacement.

James

James

Edited by peach james
Trying to correct direction of image. Will try again...

• RMweb Premium

I do seem to have found a cure re the images.  I have a graphics programme on my laptop and use it to resize images to keep under the upload limit. If an image does load the wrong way round I access it via ACDsee rotate it through 90 degrees then back again and resave.  That seems to cure the problem.  

Good luck.

Jamie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been mucking around on the club layout mostly- I had it put together, have taken it apart (again), are waiting on bits for it...

The current task is to build a gantry signal for the end of the platform, as I have just finished freeing up two sets of servo wires for the station approach board.  That's because I finally wired up 2x, 9 pin connectors for the station and hill boards.

Another addition during the conversion to DCC has been a pair of plugs for Digitrax gear (RJ-12), one on each side of the station approach board.  The much nicer looking Digitrax UP5 is on the front, with a RJ12 connector on the back.

I'm awaiting a package from Lee's Electronics to be able to power the newly motorized Peco turntable from the DCC, rather than using an external power supply.  It's almost 1 step forward, 1 step back.  I have to take a look at my work schedule and figure out when the next club meeting will be- we're still slated to go to Nanaimo for the train show, but the chances of it happening are anyone's guess !

• Like 1