Best sound for class 25

meatloaf

Whats the best sound for a class 25?

The Bachmann sound currently on the decoder is annoying as the brakes come off after it starts moving. Already got a Howes chip in another 25 and I'm not overly impressed with that.

So whats best on a loksound 4

• RMweb Gold

Mentions on there single exhauster for vac only loco, is the idle speed also lower as with many classes of loco when dual braked the idle speed was increased.

I believe a vac only 25 sounds similar to a 24

The Bachmann sound currently on the decoder is annoying as the brakes come off after it starts moving. Already got a Howes chip in another 25 and I'm not overly impressed with that.

Get them re-blown by DCKits to the Legomanbiffo Sounds, Drivelock is on the current V4 Decoders, but a earlier version is available for the older V3.5 decoders.    Charlie

• Like 1

This issue has already been previously discussed, AFAIR the problem being the result of a poor transfer of V3.5 files onto a V4.0 decoder.  Re-blowing the decoder with a new file from either Bif / SWD or Howes will not only sort the problem but it will also sound better together with more useability etc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Mentions on there single exhauster for vac only loco, is the idle speed also lower as with many classes of loco when dual braked the idle speed was increased.

I believe a vac only 25 sounds similar to a 24

I think you mean compressor russ, all locos bar peaks have 2 exhausters, on the flip side 24s only have one compressor, only dual braked locomotives have two compressors but in vacuum mode only 1 compressor runs. I'm not aware of any type 2s having the idle speed raised for dual braking purposes, as the number of auxilliary machines that run at any one time is always 3. 26s however have a delay relay fitted in that when running in air the compressors are staggered when they are switched in 1 coming in 15 seconds after the other.

Other locomotives from that era only having 1 compressor are 31s 33s and 73s but they all have 2 exhausters. Peaks were different because the exhauster was twice the size so only 1 was required.

Edited by pheaton

I think you mean compressor russ, all locos bar peaks have 2 exhausters, on the flip side 24s only have one compressor, only dual braked locomotives have two compressors but in vacuum mode only 1 compressor runs. I'm not aware of any type 2s having the idle speed raised for dual braking purposes, as the number of auxilliary machines that run at any one time is always 3. 26s however have a delay relay fitted in that when running in air the compressors are staggered when they are switched in 1 coming in 15 seconds after the other.

Other locomotives from that era only having 1 compressor are 31s 33s and 73s but they all have 2 exhausters. Peaks were different because the exhauster was twice the size so only 1 was required.

Got puffed out trying  to keep up with all that info lol :swoon: