Merry go round wagon

class37418stag

Hello everyone

I has seen photo of merry go round wagon of HAA new tooling have two different red of light and dark of Railfreight livery made me get confused by which correct Railfreight livery in 1980 - 1990s

But Not old model of merry go round wagon

I rather buy NEW tooling merry go round wagon

Thank you

& a dalek in action in that clip too.

I also found it interesting to see how finely ground/crushed the coal was. Much finer than the larger chunks you usually see modelled.

That’s power station coal so it is pretty fine. It gets crushed to an even finer powder before being injected into the generator.

• RMweb Premium

That’s power station coal so it is pretty fine. It gets crushed to an even finer powder before being injected into the generator.

I don't think the generators would last very long is they were filled with pulverised coal...... :jester:

If the original way of doing things had persisted as used by the original plants and the Pulverised coal was produced at the collieries then there would have been large fleets of PCA wagons instead as the prewar built Pulverite wagon that were similar in style to a Prestwin but with three cylinders.

Mark Saunders

Ok, I think what he’s asking is how t9 ensure the wagons are the new tooling and not the old....I’m not sure, maybe only pick new style boxes ?

I look at the couplings.  The older models have the the large tension lock couplings, while the newer tooling has the smaller tension lock couplings in NEM pockets.

With regards livery, the above video would seem to suggest that a good mix of bauxite and red would be appropriate for the 1980s / 1990s.

• Like 1