Bristol model railway exhibition

mark axlecounter

Beijiao is all set up and ready to go for the weekend at Bristol.

post-23643-0-59707900-1525374188_thumb.jpeg

Words already got around as a coach load of Chinese tourists have turn up to see the layout.

post-23643-0-43710300-1525374202_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-59707900-1525374188_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-43710300-1525374202_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Al.
  • Like 5

They layout in assembled. Just got to do the electric test and program some chips

We have some animals to spot some are easier than others.

4 swans

3 donkeys

4 squirrels

1 cat

I will post photos tomorrow

Marc

• RMweb Gold

Have to agree with that!

Thoroughly enjoyed visit - lots of woffle including Mark Axlecounter, and my old friends the Tandy family on Templeford to name just a few

Excellent layouts and a great mix of traders

Escaped with just MSE parts to build the Norton Junction bracket signal, some Brush 4 works plates from Mr Hanson and a Biff 37/0 sound chip...

Hee hee

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 3

Well day 2 is done. The show is one of the best ones I’ve ever been to. Livsey Lane ran well today. Had a good chat with Tony wright and he gave me some very good advice.

Thanks for everyone who said hello.

Had a good chat to Phil bullock ( ta buddy )

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent exhibition as always, thanks to all the exhibitors. The painstaking work that goes into detailing the scenery, buildings etc leaves me feeling slightly small!

Didn't see Fox Transfers there, did I miss them?

Didn't go last year (it had become very 'samey' to me, and I hadn't really enjoyed the last one I went to), but I went today and thought it was an absoluty excellent show. It looked like it was going to be very busy when I arrived at 11am (I've never parked the car so far across the field!), but there was no queue to get in. Inside it was indeed busy, but no difficulty getting to see layouts and traders. Well done to all concerned!

Thought it was quite a good show this year, better than the last few years.

DEMU had our usual spot opposite the toilets again, but conveniently they've built a new cafe there too!

Jo

• RMweb Gold

Excellent exhibition as always, thanks to all the exhibitors. The painstaking work that goes into detailing the scenery, buildings etc leaves me feeling slightly small!

Didn't see Fox Transfers there, did I miss them?

I think Fox Transfers stopped attending exhibitions several years ago.

John

An excellent show. My first time visit but will add to the list. One of the best venues visited - i think the 3 large same level halls is the best mix, Staaford and Wigan are similar but Bristol has good bumpy dry grass parking. Also noticeable was that the halls did not overheat.

Layouts were all good quality. None transporting dust or blatant displays of collections. Pick for me was Bishopsmead, ex LNWR locos and stock in LMS guise and operations you could understsnd. Very nice.

Only criticism is that I could have easily missed hall 3.

We had a great time at the show dispite killing killi two locos

Big thanks to the team for putting a great show

Marc

Edited by Furness Wagon

Good show, and spent too much money, only one criticism was it was cash only at the door. 

Steve 

The cost of reliable credit card machines can be expensive and possibly not justifiable for a once a year show

what a show the most enjoyable one we have been to. Well done all who helped put this show together.

I entered 2 locos one kit built lanc and York 0-6-0 class 27.

And the other was a modified Hornby Black 5 to a high running plate caprotti version.

They both came first place. That is the first time I won anything ha ha

post-12366-0-88016400-1525691308_thumb.jpeg

post-12366-0-29061900-1525691318_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3