Engineering Train on the Arun Valley

• RMweb Premium

Anything other than passenger trains is pretty rare along my local route, so any engineering works are seized upon and a bit of variety to the usual fare of class 377s. I am fortunate to live within sight of the line, so was able to glimpse what looked to be an engineering train pass. A quick grab of the camera, and dash to the car saw me chase up the road to the next town, Billingshurst, to catch my quarry. Lucky for me these trains are fairly slow, and I arrived with a minute or so to spare.

66085 provided the traction for this trip... post-6831-1256424446622_thumb.jpg

post-6831-12564244681669_thumb.jpg

One of Billingshurst's semaphors can be seen in the distance in this shot

post-6831-12564244912449_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Anything other than passenger trains is pretty rare along my local route, so any engineering works are seized upon and a bit of variety to the usual fare of class 377s. I am fortunate to live within sight of the line, so was able to glimpse what looked to be an engineering train pass. A quick grab of the camera, and dash to the car saw me chase up the road to the next town, Billingshurst, to catch my quarry. Lucky for me these trains are fairly slow, and I arrived with a minute or so to spare.

66085 provided the traction for this trip... post-6831-1256424446622_thumb.jpg

post-6831-12564244681669_thumb.jpg

One of Billingshurst's semaphors can be seen in the distance in this shot

post-6831-12564244912449_thumb.jpg

Is the Billingshurst Box still intact? It's supposed to be one of the oldest in the country I believe?

Sincerely, Horsham Exile.

• RMweb Premium

Is the Billingshurst Box still intact? It's supposed to be one of the oldest in the country I believe?

Sincerely, Horsham Exile.

It is, and still in working order... I do have a picture of it in the same set, but I didn't thin it was very good so I didn't post it...

• RMweb Premium

It is, and still in working order... I do have a picture of it in the same set, but I didn't thin it was very good so I didn't post it...

Do you know what the situation is with the Barnham Box? Is some enterprising person going to take it on and use it for some exciting project?

PR36E GC

• RMweb Premium

Do you know what the situation is with the Barnham Box? Is some enterprising person going to take it on and use it for some exciting project?

PR36E GC

Barnham box is scheduled to be moved to Aldingbourne (approximately three miles away) to be used according to what I understand as a room for the Bognor Regis MRC as part of the Aldingbourne Community Centre.

The lever frame was removed last week and the levers therefrom were palleted on the platform so I presume that its removal is becoming increasingly imminent.

• RMweb Premium

Barnham box is scheduled to be moved to Aldingbourne (approximately three miles away) to be used according to what I understand as a room for the Bognor Regis MRC as part of the Aldingbourne Community Centre.

The lever frame was removed last week and the levers therefrom were palleted on the platform so I presume that its removal is becoming increasingly imminent.

To a good home then. It will be an interesting engineering watch activity seeing that thing go. :O

Thanks for info. Phil Ramsay

P.s. Would you be by any chance the Mr Upton that once taught in Rushden?

Archived