RMweb

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Ortofon Concordes? I've got a pair of those fitted. I originally had Stanton carts but the Ortofon product is far better.

C6T. 

mine is the numark equivalent but I did used to use the Ortofon ones “back in the day”

https://www.djkit.com/numark/numark-cc-1-cart-stylus.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19XejOeF6AIVjbTtCh2sVACOEAQYEiABEgJ3PvD_BwE

Edited by big jim

Hello again folks! Been a looong time since I posted in this thread. Had actually gone off gaming completely for a while, really don’t know why to be honest!

Anyway, I got a notification yesterday to say that Train Sim World 2020 was available free with Microsoft game pass, couldn’t pass that up could I? Haven’t played it much but find it very therapeutic, except when I got a SPAD driving a DB aggregate train, I turned it off at that point lol. Hoping to sink some time into it over the weekend.

also downloaded State Of Decay 2, again free on game pass, I like the bits I’ve played of that too, except when I get spotted by Screamers, doh!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Hello again folks! Been a looong time since I posted in this thread. Had actually gone off gaming completely for a while, really don’t know why to be honest!

Good to have you back! We all need a bit of a rest now and then.

C6T. 

On 01/03/2020 at 08:36, Classsix T said:

I find the open wheel single seaters almost impossible to drive, they go so fast and are able to change direction so rapidly, I can't keep up with the vehicle I'm driving!

C6T. 

Hmm, perhaps I'm not quite "past it" after all.

RNFetchBlobTmp_gf61z3x9i73gkimmos7e2.jpg.ad88fff1f5b4d608678b41e1d761476e.jpg

Monza is a fairly simple affair though being 90% flat out! Finished 3sec behind the winner and 10sec ahead of third, not too shabby.

Pay no heed to fastest UK driver, that's just in that race, a forgone guarantee if you're the only Brit on the grid. 

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

I'm about half way through the 2014 Tomb Raider. Really liking it. Good looking, clever level design and satisfying combat (the trench shotgun has an especially satisfying kick to it).

I've no idea why it has taken me so long to get around to the franchise, late to the PS4 party and third person treasure hunting with gunplay catered for by Uncharted when I eventually did perhaps.

The Uncharted's did strike me as a little daft that in the 21st century satellite imagery hadn't revealed the existence of honking geet "hidden cities" but hey, great games to play, so we leave real life at the boot screen right? 

Similarly...Jeez, they put Lara through the wringer don't they? Poor cow must've lost a gallon of blood and functionality of half her organs since I started. I suspect she's a Terminator or summat...

Anyhoo, people draw similarities with TR and Uncharted, right? I think they're both games worth playing. I like the fact TR has an element of open-worldness with fast travel, but that admittedly conversely ruins the narrative flow of the story. Uncharted's chapter select (after finishing the game) negates this for trinket hunters.

I do dislike TR's (by no means alone in gaming circles) insistence on having to to garner multiplayer trophies to count towards a player's apparent completion of a game. Separate off and online please fellas, I'll replay a title gladly for offline rewards but you can spin on your multiplayer bobbins.

Looking forward to Rise of & Shadow of after this'un though...

C6T. 

Ghost of Tsushima release date is confirmed as June 26th. 

Let's hope this year's Summer PlayStation blockbuster has been put together with rather more care and attention than the lukewarm received Days Gone was.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

14 hours ago, Classsix T said:

The Uncharted's did strike me as a little daft that in the 21st century satellite imagery hadn't revealed the existence of honking geet "hidden cities" but hey, great games to play, so we leave real life at the boot screen right? 

The thing that bothers me about Uncharted is that said cities can't possibly contain enough golden thingies to pay for the legions of mercenaries you slaughter. 

• RMweb Gold

Got Tetris 99 for the switch yesterday as I had £20 on my Game card, the on line ‘battle royals’ version is annoying as jnjjj no it seem to last 30 seconds with it but the full game has traditional and head to head multi player games on the cartridge which should be fun with 2 switches 

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

The lastest game to make the transition to another format is "The Last of Us" which is being made into a TV series. 

I skim read that as ‘last of the summer wine’ 

downhill bathtub racing

curling using Nora Barry’s broom 

flat cap discuss 

11 hours ago, big jim said:

I skim read that as ‘last of the summer wine’ 

downhill bathtub racing

curling using Nora Barry’s broom 

flat cap discuss 

Taking out Howard and Marina with some scissors taped to a metal pipe.

40 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Nora Batty vs Zombies, now there is a thought!

Nora, Ivy and Pearl vs Zombies, no contest! 

Compo can attest to the effectiveness of tea-trays and brooms as weapons.

C6T. 

Crunch rears its ugly head, again.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2020/03/12/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-ii-developers-wonder-how-much-longer-this-approach-can-last

This can't be sustained, you're literally hemorraging the talent that make the games good in the first place.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Premium

Destiny latest season.

Waste of money, pretty shoddy, I only have it as I bought a year.

Destiny 2 is now dieing. Next 3 months I am just going to complete a few side tasks (raids, a few missing exotics) then find a new time sink.

I'm wondering if someone at Rockstar Games is a closet railway enthusiast, having been replaying GTA Vice City...  I'd forgotten that there's a derelict narrow gauge line on the docks near the scrapyard, inset track and all.

The other games have railway lines too; the elevated railway and subways in Liberty City of course in GTA 3 and the later titles, and the railway in San Andreas with regular passenger and freight trains.  But there are other derelict railways in those too- in Liberty City the tunnel from the port to 8-Ball's Yard, and loads in some of the later Liberty City-set games.  

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Ben B said:

I'm wondering if someone at Rockstar Games is a closet railway enthusiast, having been replaying GTA Vice City...  I'd forgotten that there's a derelict narrow gauge line on the docks near the scrapyard, inset track and all.

The other games have railway lines too; the elevated railway and subways in Liberty City of course in GTA 3 and the later titles, and the railway in San Andreas with regular passenger and freight trains.  But there are other derelict railways in those too- in Liberty City the tunnel from the port to 8-Ball's Yard, and loads in some of the later Liberty City-set games.  

Farcry 2 has a lot on the northern section. AFAIR 1 carriage design, 1 box car design and a Do-Bo loco.

5 hours ago, Ben B said:

I think it's more or less a given that the Scottish Rockstar studio love their railways. 

Most prominent being an interpretation of the Forth Bridge in GTA: San Andreas of course. Buried deep in GTA V is a wooden bodied Scottish colliery private owner wagon!

C6T. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just discovered this thread by accident (haven't really had a look in Wheeltappers before), and as I've been a gamer for almost 40 years, I thought i'd join in.

It started for me in late 1981 with a ZX81 and a 16K memory pack. Asteroids and 3D Monster Maze were my favourites on that, as well as going to a mates house for Manic Miner marathons.

I progressed on to an Acorn Electron. The standout games on that for me were Strike Force harrier and Elite.

Then I had a few years with Amiga 500's and 1200's. There are too many good games to list, but I had an extensive selection from the Microprose catalogue and destroyed many joysticks on Sensible Soccer and Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix.

My first console was the PlayStation (yes, PlayStation before it became the PlayStation One). My best mate and fellow Sensible fanatic knew it was on the horizon and that one of the lead games was going to be Ridge Racer. We spent a lot of the summer at a local arcade playing it and enthusing about how we'd soon be able to play it at home. As it turns out, he got his PlayStation first and when he turned up at my house with it he didn't have Ridge Racer, but Wipeout. My mind was blown!

Once I got my own my favourite games through my time with it were TOCA Touring Cars, Medal Of Honor ( my introduction to FPS games) and the game changing Gran Turismo games.

I didn't get a PS2, but instead took a diversion into the murky depths of hardware upgrade chasing PC gaming. This brought an introduction to online gaming, especially FPS games, starting with Medal Of Honor 3, The first few Call Of Duty games as far as Modern Warfare, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Joint Ops, Vietcong and Battlefield 2. I did play some racing games instead, but most sessions would find me running round shooting at people and blowing stuff up.

I got a bit fed up chasing continuous graphics card upgrades and when I was given a PS3 for my fortieth birthday I was back into console gaming. The racing bug bit again with GT4 and the Battlefield games provided the shooting fix.

I was lucky enough to pick up a PS4 on release day without a reservation and I have continued to play and enjoy the Battlefield series and GT Sport and FIFA. I've added a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals which really improves the racing game experience, especially with Project Cars. I'm StevieD71 on PSN and this week I have been dabbling with Call Of Duty Warzone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieD71 said:

I've just discovered this thread by accident (haven't really had a look in Wheeltappers before), and as I've been a gamer for almost 40 years, I thought i'd join in.

It started for me in late 1981 with a ZX81 and a 16K memory pack. Asteroids and 3D Monster Maze were my favourites on that, as well as going to a mates house for Manic Miner marathons.

I progressed on to an Acorn Electron. The standout games on that for me were Strike Force harrier and Elite.

Then I had a few years with Amiga 500's and 1200's. There are too many good games to list, but I had an extensive selection from the Microprose catalogue and destroyed many joysticks on Sensible Soccer and Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix.

My first console was the PlayStation (yes, PlayStation before it became the PlayStation One). My best mate and fellow Sensible fanatic knew it was on the horizon and that one of the lead games was going to be Ridge Racer. We spent a lot of the summer at a local arcade playing it and enthusing about how we'd soon be able to play it at home. As it turns out, he got his PlayStation first and when he turned up at my house with it he didn't have Ridge Racer, but Wipeout. My mind was blown!

Once I got my own my favourite games through my time with it were TOCA Touring Cars, Medal Of Honor ( my introduction to FPS games) and the game changing Gran Turismo games.

I didn't get a PS2, but instead took a diversion into the murky depths of hardware upgrade chasing PC gaming. This brought an introduction to online gaming, especially FPS games, starting with Medal Of Honor 3, The first few Call Of Duty games as far as Modern Warfare, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Joint Ops, Vietcong and Battlefield 2. I did play some racing games instead, but most sessions would find me running round shooting at people and blowing stuff up.

I got a bit fed up chasing continuous graphics card upgrades and when I was given a PS3 for my fortieth birthday I was back into console gaming. The racing bug bit again with GT4 and the Battlefield games provided the shooting fix.

I was lucky enough to pick up a PS4 on release day without a reservation and I have continued to play and enjoy the Battlefield series and GT Sport and FIFA. I've added a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals which really improves the racing game experience, especially with Project Cars. I'm StevieD71 on PSN and this week I have been dabbling with Call Of Duty Warzone.

Great post Steve, welcome aboard my friend. 

C6T. 

• Like 1