RMweb

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

I went off gran tourismo when it seemed to change from a relatively simple driving game to a full blown simulation, iwhen I couldn’t get past a certain licence requirement on GT4 or 5 I lost interest, I’ve got it in my ps5 but never played it, again anything that takes loads of game play to even to be allowed get into the basic car then I’m bored! 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, big jim said:

I went off gran tourismo when it seemed to change from a relatively simple driving game to a full blown simulation, iwhen I couldn’t get past a certain licence requirement on GT4 or 5 I lost interest, I’ve got it in my ps5 but never played it, again anything that takes loads of game play to even to be allowed get into the basic car then I’m bored! 

The licences! Yuh, major pita. But I won't deny the sense of achievement when done gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Additionally I've made more PSN friends through Gran Turismo than any other game on the system.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, big jim said:

Gran Turismo, all i wanted to do was nurburgring, later versions were no real pull to me.

Outriders proving to be something of an ooh-meh-ugh rollercoaster of a game. My initial dislike of it was tempered by some more play time but it has subsequently proven to be a pretty bad example of cut & paste set pieces, but with different scenery. The only variable as I progress being larger bullet sponge bosses and denser swarms of cannon fodder troops. Or a combination of both.

I'm fully aware this is not a new concept in shooters but taking into account the surrounding package of this title, it doesn't work well.

I'm also getting a little hacked off that there's no compass on the hud, which is necessary because the effing mission wayfinder tool doesn't work properly, sometimes sending me of in exactly the opposite direction!

I'm also constantly thinking to myself, is this really a 2020 release? Loading screens, pointless cutscenes to facilitate loading. And glaringly, that thing some games do of fabric and/or hair flailing about on characters each time the cutscene changes perspective. I don't think they pushed the boat out on the development budget for this one.

I'll reiterate that Outriders isn't a bad game, but ffs, it could be so much better. I don't like half points in ratings but it's such a mixture of good and bad that it doesn't deserve a 7/10 or to be denigrated to 6/10 (6.5/10 obvs, if you get me).

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I might treat myself to super Mario wonder tomorrow, I’ve got a load of love to shop vouchers from work that I’m having trouble spending so might use them for that, not bought a side scroller for ages 

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Premium

A lot of game redundancies at the moment.

Also a type of game i like is noticeable by their absence.

Any 3rd person fun action adventure games?

Like uncharted.

I'd persuaded my Sisters to gift me some PSN credit slightly earlier than my birthday on the understanding I'd be able to renew my Extra sub before November 6th at the price previous to the recent rise to £99.99.

Tried renewing this morning but each attempt had the new price at checkout. I thought I'd read of the Nov 6th renew thing on Eurogamer, but maybe that was just quoted Reddit BS.

Anyhoo, fag packet mathematics shows that'd be a close to 17% saving...I'm now hoping PlayStation will offer the sub with up to a third off, as they have in previous years, in the lead-up to Xmas.

C6T.

Speaking of Gran Turismo, up-thread, big update for GT7 drops tomorrow. The game, as GT Sport did, regularly updates with additional content, gratis to the player btw which is most welcome, this one's quite hefty:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5768503.html

Given the grief Bungie is getting these days I have to wonder if the $3bn Sony spent on that acquisition might've been better spent on honing live service skills at Polyphony and Naughty Dog.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Broke Gethin’s Lego dimension portal the other day, tipped the Xbox (series X) forward to plug the HDMI back in and didn’t notice the cable in the front, snapped it off at the usb, annoyingly the portal he has for the Xbox 360 won’t work with the series X!

had a look on line and it appears the usb is a standard plug in item rather than a solder in piece so I was going to take the 360 one apart and do a swap but I’ve just managed to buy an Xbox one/series X portal for £4 off eBay so hopefully if it works it will save a job!

it’s really annoying the cross platform compatibility especially within the same brand items, it the same with steering wheels dom has one for his windows PC that will work with the PS5 but not the series X!

picked up this from a house clearance place yesterday though, a G27 steering wheel for £40, just need a power supply, Dom’s G920 supply plugged in fine to test it though, again this one works with pc and ps3 but not the ps5, tbh at £40 im not going to lose any money on it if I eBay it, dating that I’ve got forza on the gaming laptop I have plugged into my projector so I’ll give it a try with that 
IMG_3255.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another 22Gbyte "update" to Fortnite, today, as a new chapter starts.

...and the "map" has gone all retro to when I first started playing - and was completely rubbish!

image.png.550e632f8298a2010aee2dd4611265e7.png

I can't wait to start playing - and putting all my highly honed killing skills into action!

Kev.

(I've had one game and went straight to my favourite location - "Haunted Hills".)

• RMweb Premium

I've been having a bit of a playaround with WRC 2023. So far I've not suffered badly from the stuttering issues, and I'm really rather liking it. I find it quite hard to judge corners when not in VR (VR support for PC is supposed to be coming down the line at some point), but the main reason for me crashing a lot is just that I'm terrible at it. But it's still pretty enjoyable so far regardless of the fact I'd have died several times over if it were real.

• RMweb Gold
On 02/11/2023 at 22:20, big jim said:

picked up this from a house clearance place yesterday though, a G27 steering wheel for £40, just need a power supply, Dom’s G920 supply plugged in fine to test it though, again this one works with pc and ps3 but not the ps5, tbh at £40 im not going to lose any money on it if I eBay it, dating that I’ve got forza on the gaming laptop I have plugged into my projector so I’ll give it a try with that 
IMG_3255.jpeg

can’t get the wheel to work on Dom’s computer as there’s no drivers for windows 11 available so I’ve taken it to CEX to see about a trade in , if it works on test then it’s worth up to £105 (subject to grading) as a voucher and they have a G920 for the ps5 in store for £190 which I’ll buy instead 

EDIT: got the full amount for the wheel so bought the other wheel as planned, will give it a go later with gran tourismo hopefully 

Edited by big jim

In what has become something of a RMWeb Gamer's Lounge tradition (sigh)...Happy Day After Mass Effect Day!

BioWare as per usual teased a bit more yesterday on the next title in the franchise. A portion of the Internet has then continued to froth about canon, StarBrat™ endings and suchlike:

https://www.eurogamer.net/bioware-teases-mass-effect-5-title-plus-answers-to-trilogy-ending-questions

C6T.

On 06/11/2023 at 23:20, big jim said:

It’s good on the big screen with the surround sound on

IMG_3362.jpeg.7db09edf493dd1456d3c1a36c4c7e495.jpeg

For that realistic GT experience, members of the family might want to hold a Metcalf building in each hand and randomly pop them in and out of the driver's view.

Something I'd have hoped might've been done away with in GT7, but nope. To be fair it isn't as glaring obvious as in earlier iterations, unless you are in-car and have the rear view mirrors on.

C6T.

I've found myself staying with Outriders for a little longer than I'd have ideally liked...because after a little work it became apparent that the Platinum trophy was within my grasp!

One trophy left to attain, which involves dispatching baddies by specific means, and it'll be mine. All whilst the game reminds me why I both enjoy and dislike it in equal measure.

C6T.

On 06/11/2023 at 17:51, big jim said:

Works beautifully, shame the same can’t be said for my driving!

going to set it up on the projector in the garage later 

Jim mate, I have thousands of hours clocked on in GTSport & GT7 and I can literally guarantee that I'll go off at Pouhon @Spa or Spoon @Suzuka at some point during a race.

Alsace is a tricky circuit so don't feel bad!

C6T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not at all interested in the actual awards, but rather disappointed at the announcements.  I had hoped it would be a perfect opportunity for Microsoft to announce the date for activision content appearing in Game Pass.  Nope…

I was pretty sure the announcement on Baulders Gate would be an immediate Xbox release, however the rumour was Phil Spencer would be joining them on stage and it would be straight to Game Pass, which turned out not to be the case.   I think I will wait a little longer and see if it does appear in Game Pass in the new year once Larian have got the initial sales in the bag

The Blade game  from Arkane sounds good,  odd there was no Xbox branding accompanying it.   Hopefully it’s better than the rubbish that was Redfall

3 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

The Blade game  from Arkane sounds good,  odd there was no Xbox branding accompanying it.   Hopefully it’s better than the rubbish that was Redfall

I think Blade is ripe for a video game adaptation, but the trailer seems light on details.

If Exodus, Rise of the Ronin and The First Descendant do actually drop (and meet expectations) next year though I'll be a busy boy. I have found 2023 to be rather undernourished for games I actually wanted to play although there's been some massively successful titles released, admittedly that's more to do with my taste than anything else.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Not at all interested in the actual awards, but rather disappointed at the announcements.  I had hoped it would be a perfect opportunity for Microsoft to announce the date for activision content appearing in Game Pass.  Nope…

I was pretty sure the announcement on Baulders Gate would be an immediate Xbox release, however the rumour was Phil Spencer would be joining them on stage and it would be straight to Game Pass, which turned out not to be the case.   I think I will wait a little longer and see if it does appear in Game Pass in the new year once Larian have got the initial sales in the bag

Got to admit as a Dishonoured fan i have lost all interest in Arhane games.

I was actually pleased that Redfall was disappointing.

Not due to Arkane but Microsoft.

Huge difference between ms and Sony acquisitions,  Sony bought either 2nd parties, or kept 3rd parties multi platform,  ms actually scrapped a developed ps release

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto V has recently been added to the PS+ Extra catalogue, and as I haven't played it on any machine apart from the PS3, I nabbed it to have a go on the PS5. Worth another visit too given GTA VI release in a little over a years time.

Anyhoo, I believe the game is a smidge under 100Gb in data which meant, with everything else, I've reached capacity on the 2Tb SSD installed in the PS5!

I've had a browse of 4Tb drives and was pleasantly surprised to learn the cost of such has come down to a comparable price of what I paid for the 2Tb job a couple of years ago.

Question, can anyone recommend or otherwise Lexar products? If I hear they're cheapo knockoffs I'll avoid obvs.

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

Can't help you with that.

(The last time I swapped a hard drive over, i couldn't find it -  it had "magically" changed itself into an SSD which I didn't recognise!)

Kev.

I think I'll probably take a punt on it anyway Kev, ta.

I've managed to wangle a deal with someone I know, that hasn't expanded their PS5 storage yet, will buy my (formatted) 2Tb drive off me for the cost of the cheapest they can find themselves. Which will offset the cost of the larger drive to me.

The Lexar product I've looked at isn't stupid cheap so no red flags there, but I also don't want to buy something that might explode in my home, natch.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1