RMweb

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

Right, well that deal for my 2Tb SSD fell through. One of the potential buyers freaked out about cracking their ps5 open, despite my assurances having done the instillation twice that it is a risk free operation.

Anyone after a 2Tb M.2? 

C6T.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a hugely annoying glitch with the PlayStation system ATM.

Just into the New Year the PSStore did it's usual of refreshing a sale event and as I'd expect I was notified of reduced prices of titles on my wishlist via notification on the console and the app on my 'phone. Cool.

But then I continued to get notifications of Everspace 2 being on sale after I'd acknowledged it being on sale, which shouldn't happen. Sony continued to plug it to me throughout the time after the announcement to the point I got hacked off and deleted the game from my wishlist. But no! Someone really wants me to know it's in sale, even though it's not on my wishlist anymore.

Some of the alerts have been minutes apart ffs. I doubt the game is even that good! Might be in touch with Sony about this if it carries on much longer.

C6T.

On 03/01/2024 at 17:43, SHMD said:

Now I was good at Tetris in my yoof, bally good!

...but not this good!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67871775

Kev.

Indeed, I think anyone that's played it will be happy for the young lad, reaching tha status of legend...

However, as is the way of meeja becoming opiniated "well, what I think,..", Sky (who else) decided to air this Karen:

https://kotaku.com/tetris-beaten-sky-news-blue-scuti-kill-screen-1851139960

I read the comments, and was happy to find a rather well made GFY.gif that I dare say might be getting a few airings as we approach election time.

C6T.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slung the PS4 disc of The Last of Us Pt2 in the PS5 this morning and availed myself of TLoU Pt2 Remastered ten quid upgrade.

Dunno when I'll get around to playing it, I'm not a huge fan of the current crop of work being done on not very old games. Although with industry wide lay-offs aplenty perhaps it's a good thing to keep at least some developers busy on projects. Additionally, I think one has to be in the right frame of mind to play any of TLoU games, emotional rollercoaster that they are.

Btw, if you are a PlayStation user and haven't yet, do sign up for the 'Stars' loyalty scheme. It has little attraction on paper but in the couple of years I've been doing it I have garnered around £20 or so in wallet funds for not any behavioural effort on my part.

C6T.

I met the fulfillment of defeating a Level 25 end Boss (my character build didn't qualify but I got matched with a player that did) so have managed to max out the complete trophy set for Outriders:

Screenshot_20240127-164119.png.cb19248f1f95b1237cb276b1954d7b39.png

So I guess I don't have much of a reason to play anymore of this, at best, "not bad" game?

But wait! What about helping out the noobs!

Well friends, I think the playtime clock reads about 230hrs, dunno how much of that was on pause screens and waiting for matches, but I only actually paid a little over £13 for the Worldslayer expansion (base game was subscription included) thus I've arguably got vfm.

C6T.

• Like 1

Bad news wrt a third Adam Jensen Deus-Ex installment:

https://kotaku.com/embracer-group-deus-ex-cancelled-eidos-montreal-layoffs-1851205890

What's especially galling is that the article suggests preliminary work had actually been started on the game, after years of barely anything apparently happening, before Squenix sold the studio and IP quite recently.

C6T

Edited by Classsix T

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda kicking my heels at the moment awaiting Rise of the Ronin a month from now. In the meantime whilst actual reviews for Helldivers II have been absent from my regular gamesites of choice, it's had gushing recommendations from the general public via the comments sections. Third person loot shooter, but with a purchase entry required, I'm nonetheless interested.

In other news, Steelrising was added to my subscription available library and as it was on my wishlist I had a go at the weekend. I was prepared to ditch it having got fed up with the first boss. But rather than difficulty levels it has assistance sliders. Tweaking those gave me the opportunity to lessen the frustration of getting my ass handed to me regularly and I think it's a title I'll stay with. Mortal Shell was similar in concept (Metroidvania) but stupid hard to play. The Jedi games I feel have the concept bob on.

C6T.

Here's a bit from Helldivers 2, in case you might be wondering what all the fuss is about. My video isn't indicative of why the game is popular, that comes from the fun had from having three other players on mission. Online issues still plague the title though so I occasionally will play solo:

Should it be free to play? I don't think so. Outrider's isn't f2p and offers nowhere near the enjoyment Helldivers 2 does. Not necessarily through mission structure but with the tools available for how you go about it.

Additionally, Helldivers properly tips it's cap to its influences. Satirical pokes at Bush Jnr chiefly, but Starship Troopers, Judge Dredd, Star Wars, Aliens, Terminator references? Oh yeah...in spades.

C6T.

Some more Helldivers gameplay. Given the technical issues the game has had it's rather inevitable that matches with noobs & veterans are kinda unbalanced. The former with little knowledge of mission structure. Anyway, this fella got off lightly with a melee swipe, I've shot a guy for not following orders!

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Helldivers 2 continues to entertain... with the right co-op team. But whilst half the current in-game campaign sees the player battling insectoid aliens Starship Troopers style, the glitches and bugs within the code also provide occasional surprises:

C6T.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Finally got round to buying Baulders Gate 3 at the weekend, just about through Act 2 now and absolutely loving it.  Well worth the wait, though I fear it’s going to leave me wanting a lot more when I’ve finished (with any sequel many years down the line and afaik no expansion planned)

Edited by The Fatadder

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

PC port of Horizon Forbidden West out now, and it sounds like a solid port of the console version for once. I'll find out eventually (day and a half to download it, and that's if I don't interrupt the download so I can use the connection for something else). I've managed to completely avoid spoilers so far...

Edited by Reorte

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Reorte said:

PC port of Horizon Forbidden West out now, and it sounds like a solid port of the console version for once. I'll find out eventually (day and a half to download it, and that's if I don't interrupt the download so I can use the connection for something else). I've managed to completely avoid spoilers so far...

I played it a while ago on PS4 and it is good.

One bit of advice, take time to explore, well worth it.

4 hours ago, Reorte said:

I've managed to completely avoid spoilers so far...

Not sure there are any spoilers. The plot's a lightweight McGuffin to give you an excuse to ride about on robot dinosaurs a bit more.

• RMweb Premium

Well the download decided to restart half way through. So that's another day and a half (unless it does eventually come to realise half the stuff's already there - the files definitely are).

• RMweb Gold

Finally completed Baulders Gate 3 last night, one of the few games that has truly lived up to my expectations.  Had the disappointment earlier in the week with Larian coming out saying not only will there not be a sequel, the much hinted at DLC also wont be happening.   

To be honest given some of the end game dialog strongly hinting at continued adventures  I am quite glad that I had herd the news about the future before getting my hopes up.  From the sounds of it there is still a chance that BG4 will end up picked up by another developer going forward, whether they can live up to this standard will be another question though. 

Really liked some of the little nods to the original series throughout the game, makes for a very nice touch!

• RMweb Premium

What? I'd not heard that, about sequels and DLC. That's very disappointing (and very odd considering what a success it's been).

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Reorte said:

What? I'd not heard that, about sequels and DLC. That's very disappointing (and very odd considering what a success it's been).

Larrian CEO in an interview with gamespot last week, along the lines of “we will continue to work on quality of life fixes for the game, and then move onto our next project which won’t be BG4 or D&D licences, nor will it be Divinity Original Sin 3”

He also said the next project will follow the same approach as BG3, releasing in early access once a sizeable chunk is finished and using the feedback from that to direct how they finish the game.  So no doubt what ever it is, it will be a long wait.    There was also mention that the characters and plot is now considered part of D&D lore, and remains in Wizards of the Coast’s ownership, so the potential is at least there that someone could pick it up.  The worry would be that whoever did pick it up is just trying to cash in on Larrian’s work and releases a pile of rubbish 

I pushed the button on Rise of the Ronin this morning and have had an hour or two on it.

Right now I'm thankful I saved myself a fiver off the price via PSStars earned credits because I'm finding it hard going. Maybe it's an age thing but getting to grips with the parry/dodge/block mechanic is proving to be frustrating, although I'll persevere.

Additionally, review opinions on the look of the game appear to be correct in terms of the game lacks the graphical finesse of that to which I've become accustomed. It does indeed look and play like a title made over a decade ago, which is a concern for a game retailing for seventy quid RRP.

On the play side I'm reminded I had my ass handed to me multiple times in Ghost of Tsushima before it clicked so aren't necessarily concerned about that, but as it was either RotR or Dragons Dogma 2 that I had an eye to buy, it needs to improve rapidly before I start to regret buying the wrong game.

C6T.

• 2 weeks later...