Mechanical Cam ‘Chuffer’

Why is it when there's an interesting discussion going on theres always one who objects to someone else's general opinion or view and takes it personally.

Oh well another thread spoilt.... see you

I don't think it was taken personally.

The critisicms were based on older technology & do not relate to modern products at all. It is irritating to develop a product then hear general criticisms which don't apply because you've addressed the issues being criticised.

It seemed like an ideal opportunity to say "I understand your previous issues. Are you aware that I have addressed them with my current range?".

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Well that’s good fun! I don’t recall those at all, obviously it fell between my late father’s early 1960s stock and No 1 Son’s early-90s trainees which sort-of got me back into the hobby. Seems to be the train-set equivalent of those card-in-the-spoke arrangements once popular on bicycles..

A couple of my 3-Rail O Gauge locos have mid-80s to mid-90s “Sounds of Steam” and they are definitely at the “white noise” end of the spectrum, one has an early electronic whistle known (even then) as the “dying cow”. Personally I’m rather fond of the Lionel air whistle, which has a full, penetrating note when working properly. 

Modern DCC is a different thing altogether. 

• 8 months later...