Peak Model Railway Exhibition

LyttonCPR

Chesterfield Railway Modellers present their annual Exhibition at the Agricultural Centre, Bakewell, DE45 1AH, on Sat and Sunday 9/10 June. There will be 14 layouts in various scales, trade support, Demonstrations and societies. Open from 10am until 5pm both days. See the club website for details, www,chesterfieldrailwaymodellers.co.uk for details. Plenty of parking, refreshments available. 

Just back home. Burnham ran well, as did the other layouts, at least I didn't hear any complaints. Attendance was fair considering the glorious weather and alternative events nearby. Looking forward to tomorrow. An enjoyable show.   Alastair.

• Like 1

I visited today. An enjoyable event with a good variation of layouts. I enjoyed Karolina Falls. I have seen it before, but took more time than previously to look at it. This allowed me to really appreciate the detail and some of the cameo scenes. Burnham on Sea was another impressive model and I also enjoyed Heanor South. My favourite model was Hazel Valley - this kept me entertained for longer than anything else.

A very good show once again.

• Like 1

Me and the missus visited today .... have to say our favourite was Karolina Falls.

What a brilliant layout ..... American narrow gauge, offering loads of interesting cameos on the layout ..... featuring an excellent, old style raised trestle wooden bridge, straight out of the old west, and REAL running water on the layout to finish it all off.

The operator seemed a nice chap, and we had a good chat about various aspects of his layout.

Edited by The Yorkshire Pud
  • Like 1

A very pleasant couple of hours spent at this well organised show watching a good mix of layouts with healthy activity on all rather than the dreadful pauses sometimes found.

The venue being located so close to a tourist hot spot with more than adequate parking makes the whole experience even more enjoyable.

Michael

• Like 1

Home with layout put to bed before 7pm after a very enjoyable weekend. Thanks to the Club for making us so welcome and to the visitors who made such kind comments. The catering was excellent, probably second only to Macclesfield! What better could one get? Alastair.