Bachmann Limited Edition D9006

Philip Jackson

If it was a limited edition does that mean that Bachmann wouldn't be producing a loco in the guise for a number of years as I'm sure I read somewhere once that often these lag periods were built into the arrangements? The Kernow one does seem good value mind!

I googled it and found this on the Kernow website:

Bachmann have provided details of a non-catalogue limited production Deltic. This is number D9006 in BR Green livery with no yellow ends and white cab window surrounds. This model is expected to arrive within 14 days and only 500 or so have been produced to our knowledge. Sure to be popular we recommend pre-ordering immediately.

So it seems to be almost a limited edition from Bachmann themselves?

Guest Max Stafford

Mine has arrived in the last 15 minutes! It's a standard production line deltic and as such it has the small twin midships body-side vents which it shouldn't strictly have until 1965. It sits just a little high on the bogies, as do all the production deltic models, but the finish is lovely. Lacking the yellow panel, the loco has a very different and in truth more dignified appearance than its yellow-nosed brethren. As befits a brand-new 1961 Deltic, there are no OHL flashes.If you want to add a decoder, you'll need the 21-pin version. I like this incarnation of the model very much. I'll be making a couple of modifications based on the two observations made above, but these are strictly personal concerns and should in no way put you off ordering one - if you can find one!

Dave.

Archived