Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

4 hours ago, 97406 said:

Ooh, I think I've just found my favourite page! Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's a nice shot from the National Grid Training Centre at Eakring, Notts. Pylons of the future! image.png.f1d7c05ab71359fe5bad36a86ee4d04c.png

The first of the new 'T Pylons' are going to used with the new Hinkley Point C Power Station, sadly replacing 2 L2 lines, between HK and Taunton and HK and Melksham I believe

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

The first of the new 'T Pylons' are going to used with the new Hinkley Point C Power Station, sadly replacing 2 L2 lines, between HK and Taunton and HK and Melksham I believe

That's got to be worth a journey to the West Country when they're in! :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

Indeed!! Although ive got to say i prefer the current ones!

The current lattice pylons won’t get replaced any time soon though. It’s quite surprising how old some of them actually are!

On 18/02/2021 at 11:09, L2's are great! said:

I don't think many L2s will get the chop only some on route ZG from HK and where the new T pylon line branches and heads off towards Avonmouth. The L2 VQ line is going to be uprated from 275kV to 400kV and where this turns to head south towards Taunton a new tee will be inserted and this new section of line will run north towards the existing ZG line and join back up there. So between the two points on ZG some L2 towers will sadly go. Progress of sorts I guess. Still not sold on this T pylon design mind you....

11 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

I don't think many L2s will get the chop only some on route ZG from HK and where the new T pylon line branches and heads off towards Avonmouth. The L2 VQ line is going to be uprated from 275kV to 400kV and where this turns to head south towards Taunton a new tee will be inserted and this new section of line will run north towards the existing ZG line and join back up there. So between the two points on ZG some L2 towers will sadly go. Progress of sorts I guess. Still not sold on this T pylon design mind you....

Ahh yes my mistake, Only just found out the route was between Seabank and HK. I'm guessing the new L12s will upgrade the middle line. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who isn't completely in favor of the T pylon

• Like 1

Here’s my current project:

I have decided to make a Hornby pylon look more like a PL1 as despite it being under scale, it does look like the early PL1 type of pylon and once new insulators are added and a small height extension is added it improves the look of it by a lot! I will also be adding some anti climbing wires to the bottom as well.

0F389AAA-569B-41B3-80A9-1D8B4FC61A99.jpeg

• Like 4

On 19/02/2021 at 17:18, L2's are great! said:

I didnt know this had happened to the L9s up at inverkip but if u go to 2:02, you will see an abandoned L9 LD30 lying on its side

Amazing footage , you should post this one on ‘The Pylon Appreciation Society’ Facebook group.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 10:28, L2's are great! said:

Ahh yes my mistake, Only just found out the route was between Seabank and HK. I'm guessing the new L12s will upgrade the middle line. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who isn't completely in favor of the T pylon

No worries, not sure if L8 or L12s for the new link from uprated VQ to ZG line.

Cheers Paul