Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s. 1950s too?

steve1

• 4 months later...
  • steve1 changed the title to Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s Exhibition 19 & 20 March
  • 2 weeks later...

It was interestingly different to run the layout for the first time ever in Banger Blue mode.

I was pleased with how it ran and was it well received by the viewers. As a bonus, it looks like there are maybe 3 invites coming for 2023.

Tomorrow it's Post Privatisation mode. I'm hoping it will equally successful, especially as the Dutch 37 and the Freightliner 70 now have the correct couplings fitted, plus the GBRF Shed will get a run out.

steve

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2981.JPG

• Like 3

• steve1 changed the title to Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s Exhibition 19 & 20 March Pics Day 1

Good second day going back to more modern stock. Had to readjust to 3 links again after yesterday's Kadees but got there eventually.

The 37 ran perfectly but the 70 was a disappointment. It would only run like an old Hornby Smokey Joe, nothing and then whoosh, flat out. It is chipped but running on DC. Been fine in the past but wondering if removing the chip would help. (I don't do DCC. The 70 used to run on a friend's layout.)

steve

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

• steve1 changed the title to Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s Exhibition Pics Day 2
  • 3 months later...
  • steve1 changed the title to Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s Exhibition Notice
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave my new Heljan 10800 a run on the layout this afternoon with a few items of similar period stock. It gave me the idea that I could run the layout in a third period, mid 1950s, with other suitable wagons, plus a couple of Green 20s. Would need to temporarily disguise the portacabins but it could work. Will mull this one over…

steve

4414F729-3EB1-4FCE-A03B-491A7BD8C29A.jpeg

A8DAA400-DED4-4FA1-BF61-82B27BFDF649.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• steve1 changed the title to Rectory Farm Sidings BR 80s/00s. 1950s too?
  • 1 month later...
On 30/12/2023 at 17:40, steve1 said:

I gave my new Heljan 10800 a run on the layout this afternoon with a few items of similar period stock. It gave me the idea that I could run the layout in a third period, mid 1950s, with other suitable wagons, plus a couple of Green 20s. Would need to temporarily disguise the portacabins but it could work. Will mull this one over…

steve

4414F729-3EB1-4FCE-A03B-491A7BD8C29A.jpeg

A8DAA400-DED4-4FA1-BF61-82B27BFDF649.jpeg

Any new updates on layout Steve.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saxokid said:

Any new updates on layout Steve.

Sorting stock suitable for the 1950s period and weathering the rest but concentrating mainly on a Scottish EM project.

The layout is booked for Bridlington show on September, running as BR Blue.

steve

• Like 1