Class 55 bodyshell removal

alangr

I want to remove the body-shell from my Bachmann Class 55 (Pindar) and am having problems.

I have removed the four fixing screws, two under each bogie and have thin plastic strips between the shell and the frame to release any clips.  Having done this there is some movement (but very little) between the body and the frame but basically it remains 'on tight'.

What am I missing here?  I cannot find/see any more fixings so is it just a case of being brave or what?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

I want to remove the body-shell from my Bachmann Class 55 (Pindar) and am having problems.

I have removed the four fixing screws, two under each bogie and have thin plastic strips between the shell and the frame to release any clips.  Having done this there is some movement (but very little) between the body and the frame but basically it remains 'on tight'.

What am I missing here?  I cannot find/see any more fixings so is it just a case of being brave or what?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Not 100% sure but I think there’s 2 extrascrews hidden, 1 each under each bogie, at the fuel tank end of the bogie

You have to swivel the bogies to see it, and it’s only on one side of each bogie.

I’ve seen it on a few Bachmann locos, not sure about the Deltic but it’s worth a look.

OOOPS, Pinza Indeed; Yes, easy to let local influences play unconsciously; thanks for the correction!

Thanks also, both, for the information on the screws I did not find those by the fuel tank, I think.  I will also try and find the 'instructions'!

OK, done thanks.  It turns out that I ad one of the two screws behind the buffers and the one by the fuel tanks at each end.  Have now found the last ones and the top just came off easily

Thanks for your help - I cannot find the 'instructions' which I undoubtedly filed somewhere safe!