HGDMRS 2018 Model Railway Exhibition

pharrc20

Hazel Grove and District Model Railway Society are pleased to announce that their 2018 Model Railway Exhibition will be held at Hazel Grove High School on Saturday 27th  and Sunday 28th October 2018.

This year the exhibition is to be held in two halls as we present some large layouts, including the debut of Corwen from Liverpool MRS.

There will be 22 model railway layouts in all the popular scales and gauges plus full trade support, including the local model shop SMTF located at Brookside Garden Centre, Booklaw, Squires Tools and the club sales stand.

Call by the club information stand for a free chance to win a train set kindly donated by Hornby Hobbies.

Hazeltown returns as usual for the amusement of visitors of all ages.

There will also be several modelling demonstrations from expert modellers who are always willing to pass on skills and techniques.

The special private owner open wagon in 00 gauge commissioned to commemorate the societies 50th anniversary in the fictitious livery of Moseley and Neve, will be available for purchase during the exhibition at the price of £12.

The venue is wheelchair friendly and there is easy access for the disabled.

Refreshments will be available on both days.

A free vintage bus will connect Hazel Grove Station with the exhibition venue on both days.

Full Details:

Hazel Grove High School, Jackson's Lane, Hazel Grove SK7 5JX

Saturday 27th October 2018 Opening times: 10am to 5pm

Sunday 28th October 2018 Opening times: 10am to 4pm

Admission:

Adults £7 (accompanied children go free)

Child £3

Ample free parking on site or park at Hazel Grove Station courtesy of Northern Rail and use the vintage bus to get to the show.

Club website www.hgdmrs.org.uk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in posting details of the exhibitors, traders and demos but we have had a few last minute changes the past few weeks so I have been holding fire until got the nod from the exhibition committee...

There will now be 23 layouts attending spread over two halls; the main large sports hall and the school hall

The first 11 exhibitors are as follows:

Ben Lord - Amalgamated Wagon Works - Steam/Diesel O

Colin Oldfield - Calico Rock - American N
Charles Insley - Maesog - Steam OO9
Steve Saxby - Axmouth - Steam OO
David Forshaw - Nine Mills (1990's format) - Modern N
Liverpool MRS - Corwen - Steam OO
Richard Williams - Rothbury - Steam OO
Bob Harper - Megantic Steam - ON2
Nick Gurney - The Sidings - Modern OO
Shaun Horrocks - Wolfe Lowe - Steam O
Pete Latham - Wormhill - Modern N

Traders:
Sawyer Models
Country Park Models
The Locoshed, Whitefield
SMTF
Squires
Grosmont Bookshop

Demos:
Brian Rowney - Model Bus Federation
Richard Wilson - Scenic Detailing & Weathering
Ian Hallworth & Rex Ashton - O gauge modelling
Stuart Broome - Figure Painting
Kevin Parkinson - Loco Doctor

Displays:
John Tate - The East Lancashire Railway
Dr Alasdair Renfrew - Stephenson Locomotive Society
Philip Sweet - Manchester Model Railway Society

More to follow soon

Cheers Paul
Edited by pharrc20

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, here are the final exhibitors and traders booked to come to the Hazel Grove exhibition on Saturday 27th  and Sunday 28th October 2018.

Important: There have also been some changes forced upon this year:

Firstly, regarding the catering for the visiting public in that we have lost the use of the school canteen and kitchens so we have an alternative plan in place to feed and water the public. And don't worry exhibitors and traders will be catered for as well.

Secondly, as you will hopefully be aware but the RMT have announced some further strike dates and this includes Saturday 27th. Although we don't know what service they plan to run on the 27th be it an hourly service Manchester Piccadilly to Buxton or worse still a rail replacement bus or coach. Our plan is to still provide the free vintage shuttle bus to and from Hazel Grove Station and the Exhibition to try and meet the incoming trains from Manchester. Now if they stick to what is planned for this coming Saturday 20th then the timetable is planned for an hourly service from Piccadilly departing at 08:24 then xx:24 or xx:25; Stockport departing xx:34/35; Hazel Grove arriving xx:48. Coming from Buxton they depart there at xx:35 and arrive at Hazel Grove at xx:10; Stockport xx:20 and finally Piccadilly xx:35/36.
Please check the National Rail Timetables either online or at your local station to find out what the actual service will be on the 27th but I will update myself on here next week.

Exhibitors:

Martin Jones - Kinmundy - Diesel EM
Richard Smith - Welney Depot - 1960's Tramway OO
Danny Kaye - Yorkshire Coast Electric Tramway - Tram OO
Dave Haughton - Scrich Model Tramway Museum - Tram OO
HGDMRS - Hazel Valley - Blue Diesel OO
HGDMRS - Ash Valley - Steam O
Paul Humphreys - Stepzon Hertz - Lego Layout
HGDMRS - Hazeltown *- Anything OO
Mark Howarth - Kexby - Steam OO
Ryan Brown - Low Moor - Steam N
Russell Hampson - Patricroft Low - Blue Diesel OO
Simon Cullen - Westmoor Junction - Blue Diesel OO

Traders:
Crafty Hobbies
Made in Manchester Models
Booklaw Publications 
High Lane Model Railways 
North Western Models
Axminster Tools & Machinery
Country Scenes & Trees
PowerBond
and of course our famous Club Sales Stand with models, books, dvds, odds and sods for sale

Hazel Grove High School, Jackson's Lane, Hazel Grove SK7 5JX

Saturday 27th October 2018 Opening times: 10am to 5pm

Sunday 28th October 2018 Opening times: 10am to 4pm

Admission:
Adults £7 (accompanied children go free)
Child £3   

Ample free parking on site or park at Hazel Grove Station courtesy of Northern Rail and use the vintage bus to get to the show.

Club website www.hgdmrs.org.uk

Regards
Paul Harrison for HG&DMRS

Yep, local club to me - even though I'm not a member! so I shall be attending as it is an extremely enjoyable show.

Would have very much liked to have been there with me plastic abuse roadshow, but was never invited.......(cough)........*cue Eric Morcambe style exit with coat and bag........

cheers

Andy

Yep, local club to me - even though I'm not a member! so I shall be attending as it is an extremely enjoyable show.

Would have very much liked to have been there with me plastic abuse roadshow, but was never invited.......(cough)........*cue Eric Morcambe style exit with coat and bag........

cheers

Andy

Have you not been chatting with BigDave for next year?

Paul

Have you not been chatting with BigDave for next year?

Paul

Yeah, it was mentioned Paul. I'm just kidding about the demo - looking forward to going as a punter and being able to actually look at some layouts for a change!

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Hello All, a further update to the RMT/Northern strike - a timetable has now been added to the Northern site https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/strike and in particular timetable N20

**Please bear in mind - any visitors intending to travel to and from Hazel Grove by train on Saturday are strongly urged to check if train services are actually running on the day themselves.**

I will confirm the plan for the heritage shuttle bus from the exhibition to the train station and what time and frequency they will operate but I believe a bus every half hour with lunchtime break both days was the planned timetable.

Regards Paul

Edited

Edited by pharrc20

A lot of the exhibition was set up this afternoon and evening with just a few to arrive in the morning. A man in a checked pattern shirt was spotted in the exhibition hall lol.

Hope to see some rmwebbers at the show I will be helping to operate Hazel Valley running in BR Blue diesel era.

Cheers Paul

A lot of the exhibition was set up this afternoon and evening with just a few to arrive in the morning. A man in a checked pattern shirt was spotted in the exhibition hall lol.

Hope to see some rmwebbers at the show I will be helping to operate Hazel Valley running in BR Blue diesel era.

Cheers Paul

The layouts being set up whilst we set up our trade stand looked very impressive! The club stand will be getting some of my money in the morning with two locos put to one side for me for my own layout, renumbered DB Schenker Class 66s by Bachmann. Can't wait for the show!

Thanks to all of the vistors, exhibitors, traders who made the exhibition possible this year. Our catering substitute worked quite well in the circumstances and thanks must go to our members and The Salvation Army for helping out with their catering van.

Cheers Paul

And thanks to all the Club members for making the show a success Paul!

Completely blown away with the fact that we were voted second best visiting layout by the public, especially since it was last time out. Good to catch up with several people whom I hand'nt seen in years! 

And thanks to all the Club members for making the show a success Paul!

Completely blown away with the fact that we were voted second best visiting layout by the public, especially since it was last time out. Good to catch up with several people whom I hand'nt seen in years!

Thanks Martin much appreciated. I will send your feedback and others to the review meeting that is a week on Friday.

Cheers Paul