Nelevation review

TerrySVR

Nelevation's website is still active, and they are actively promoting the product.

I have seen a couple of user experiences reported. One was unable to achieve reliable performance despite considerable support from Nelevation and returned the unit for a full refund, the other a fully satisfied user. I believe that a significant problem for the product may well be the stability of the location in which it is installed. Mounting on a  solid floor probably the most favourable for reliability. (This is educated guesswork on my part based on experience of a microprocessor controlled multi axis assembly kit that 'drifted' in registration on a  suspended concrete floor in a steel frame building, but proved fully reliable when anchored to a ground level concrete block.)

• 3 weeks later...

For the latest info, a post by the manufacturer is the last one, you might want to visit here:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=36870.msg526640;topicseen#msg526640

Izzy

Not sure why you have said it is the last one as it does not say anything of the sort. With any luck the 3ft OO one I ordered 13 months ago might just turn up - idea is to replace a dead end fiddle and have a short board after it so train runs through, loco is uncoupled, stock is pushed back onto the elevator, loco gets locolifted to a holding siding on the approach ready to back down onto a rake of wagons or coaches

Edited by Butler Henderson

• RMweb Premium

Not sure why you have said it is the last one as it does not say anything of the sort.

I meant it was the last/latest post on the thread, nothing more. To save anyone trawling through it looking for info.

Izzy

• RMweb Premium

I like the idea of the product and it strikes me as an excellent space saver that minimises the handling of models. Understandably its taking time to perfect, but I am seriously considering getting one for a future layout.

I ordered a 4mm scale version early on. Unfortunately 18 months down the line it was clear it wouldnt be arriving anytime soon, so i reluctantly cancelled.Another year on they are only just starting to deliver the 4mm ones, so im glad i didnt wait. Additionally there are weight issues with the larger versions. Probably ok for rtr plastic stock, but most of my models are kit and handbuilt metal, a quick calculation showed the weight would be beyond the capabilities of this otherwise fine concept.