DriveLock?

Sir TophamHatt

Pop into a show the Legomanbiffo Stand is at and you can have a go yourself.   Where do you live?    Charlie

Leicester.

I thought it was similar but wanted to make doubly sure before I start experimenting with it.

Actually read through the v4 helpsheet and figured I'd been missing loads of features. Time to really experiment with the loco and see what I can really do!

• RMweb Premium

In my humble opinion, DriveLock is one of the best additions for driving realism with sound fitted locos. It makes the perception of heavy trains accelerating slowly incredibly realistic (and the same in reverse).

Yes this can be represented in inertia values, but DriveLock makes it even more realistic for me.

Edited by Foden

It will have a Fully Sealed ESU 20mm X 40mm speaker with a low profile chamber, as if sealed correctly this speaker is good.      Charlie

Thanks. Sorry, I have no idea of the type of speaker. I bought the loco with pre-fitted sound direct from Charlie at DC Kits.

The loco sounds even better 'in the flesh' on my small layout.  

It will have a Fully Sealed ESU 20mm X 40mm speaker with a low profile chamber, as if sealed correctly this speaker is good.      Charlie

As Charlie says a ESU 20mm x 40mm speaker sounds great if properly sealed. It doesn't look pretty but I seal my speakers in the enclosure using PVA glue applied with a small paint brush. When all dry I paint round the edges with Black paint just to make sure it is completely airtight. Here is one in a Class 31 as I said doesn't look pretty but sounds great!

post-7968-0-61364500-1534669251_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Can you enable DriveLock on older ESU v4 decoders?

I have quite a few Legomanbiffo chips.

Or would I need to have them re-blown to get this feature added?

Thanks.

You would need a programmer to update the decoder and add the function.

Best to get a re-blow although if you have many it could prove a bit costly but worth it in the end.

Wiggy.