Sachsenmodelle (Tillig) HO 172 "Ferkeltaxe"

Northpoint

Has anybody any experience of the above?

I have one and want to DCC it. That in itself is OK as it has the 8-pin socket but the main circuit board seems to have lost contact with the motor.

Ideally, if anybody knows of a source for the instructions or worksheet that would be a help.

Or, alternatively, short of sending it back to Germany (I did contact them but I am still awaiitng a reply!) does anybody know of any one who might be able to strip it and put it back together. It's beyond my level...

post-6943-127142670478.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I noticed your 8 pin has only 6 pins.

you can wire / solder the DCC decoder direct, red goes to the right pickup, back goes to the left pickup, Orange goes to the top of the motor or + and the gray goes to the bottom or -.

for lights the blue goes to the common on both lights, then the white is for front and yellow is for rear. now if the bulbs are not 12 volt, then you would need to place a resistor in line with each light, I recommend at least a 360 ohm.

Nick ,

as Alco says there is a 6 pin socket ....have you tried with the original blanking plug in ?

if still no go ,suggest having a look under the plate ,but I feel you will end up hard wiring the chip in anyway ....if you end up totally stuck ,pop it down to me ....and I will have a go at it with my big hammer :O :o

Regards Trevor ... :D

The 6 pin socket is actually for the interior lighting - there is a 6 pin plug attached to the body which fits that socket. The DCC socket is next to it - it is covered with the blank plug.

As I said earlier, it's not the fitting of the chip that is the problem. I had a chip fitted and I could read it on the programming track but when I put it on the running track, nothing was getting through to the motor.

Idealy I need to find somebody who could take it apart and find out why.

Again as I said earlier, it's beyond my level of experience! :(

Nick,

sorry, this is the trouble with fault finding from a distance ...

1/ did it run OK on DC originally ?

2/ does it run OK on DC only with the top off ?

3/ did you try with chip in and top on connected?

4/ did you try the chip with plug turned 180 degrees?

Regards Trevor ...

PS I was joking about the hammer ....honest ;)

Trevor

It did run OK in DC originally. (I can't test it in DC mode as I've sold my only DC layout!)

When I fitted the chip, it didn't run although I could read the chip.

Now it doesn't do anything!

I've just tried it again in DCC mose and this time it's shorted out.

If you would be happy to have a look at it, I will send it to you.

Would you need the body as well?

Regards,

Nick,

pop it all together ,body included ,so I can check out lighting etc .....and I will look at it for you,no problem .

PS it is always worth hanging on to an old DC controller ,just to check that locos work in their basic format first ,before chipping ,also easier sometimes to eliminate the chip if running becomes iffy ,or a fault appears later on ...

Hindsight ...a wonderful thing ..!

Regards Trevor .. :D

Archived