Bulleid coach at Cattcott?

Not sure if this had appeared else where. www.captureburnham.co.uk/other/somerset-and-dorset-joint-railway/a-railwayman-remembers Can anyone ID the coach?

Hi,

Its number may be W4322 (last letter behind a post).

Not sure about the W as its blurry and I'm don't know about Western Region allocated Bulleid coaches.

Regards

Nick

I assume it would have retained its original 4-digit running number with the change to W, so using max zoom and a hand lens it appears to be 4320, a BSK, formerly of set No. 779.

W4320S was among the small number of diagram 2123 semi-open third (later second) brakes that was passed to the WR in 1963/64 so it seems likely that it was the vehicle depicted. It had been one of the earliest vehicles of what became quite a numerous type, having entered service in the last few months of the Southern Railway and may, therefore, have always been green.

Bulleid there fixed that! Thats useful, it's on the Bachmann pre order list in BR green 34-726. This is the only picture I've come across of ex SR passenger stock on the Highbridge branch, unless someone knows differently. It must be one of the only branches which has seen stock from the big four and BR.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I picked up a book recently on modelling the S&D

It seems that as shown in this picture almost any combination of coaches was possible - I gather one local on the 'main line' consisted of 4 coaches, one from each of the Big 4

There was also a Thompson 5 compartment brake that served on the branch & a MK1 suburban

• 4 weeks later...