Loco directional lighting

• RMweb Premium

Hi, this is probably quite easy for some but I am going to attempt this for the first time.

I have a Lima Class 60 which has been modified insofar as it has a different more powerful quieter motor on board, and I have fitted it with a Hornby TTS sound decoder.

I would like to fit modern high intensity lights and the red rear lights.I am not sure of how many functions the Hornby decoder supports ( I believe that affects the wiring) ideally I would prefer to buy a kit with instructions to attempt my first one, however failing that any help would be gratefully accepted re: wiring, resistors etc.as they are a bit of a closed book at present. Thanks in advance

Hi, this is probably quite easy for some but I am going to attempt this for the first time.

I have a Lima Class 60 which has been modified insofar as it has a different more powerful quieter motor on board, and I have fitted it with a Hornby TTS sound decoder.

I would like to fit modern high intensity lights and the red rear lights.I am not sure of how many functions the Hornby decoder supports ( I believe that affects the wiring) ideally I would prefer to buy a kit with instructions to attempt my first one, however failing that any help would be gratefully accepted re: wiring, resistors etc.as they are a bit of a closed book at present. Thanks in advance

Hornby TTS decoders have 3 function outputs 2 of these are used for front and rear directional lights the 3rd function could be used for cab lights.

Probably your best option would be to contact Express Models they may be able to supply a modified Lima 60 DCC lighting kit to suit the TTS decoder

www.expressmodels.co.uk

HTH

Just to add to that ...

Directional lights are on F0 using the standard blue (+) with white and yellow wires switching fwd lights and rev lights respectively. The green wire switches the 3rd function operated by F25 on TTS diesels.

Something to be aware of the TTS decoder function output is limited to 100mA and is NOT self protected so if you overdraw that current you can kill the decoder output stage. I found my Express Models Lights on a 37 (headlight, 2 markers and 2 reds) was too much and I had to put an additional 1K resistor in the blue lead feeding the Express Models pcb to control it.

Rob