Turning off the engine start-up sequence on a Legomanbiffo Class 73 sound project

Geep7

• RMweb Gold

I have a Hornby Class 73 chassis fitted with Legomanbiffo Loksound v4.0 project.

It's fantastic, but one frustration is if the loco finds a bit of dirt, or I power up the layout, when I turn on the diesel engine sound, it goes through the whole start-up sequence including the priming.

Is there anyway to turn off the priming sequence on the diesel engine start-up, or is this a feature of the project? I've managed to it off on my Thumper unit sound chip, and tried doing the same with the 73, but it doesn't make a difference.

Many thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking of something more CV wise, so that it doesn't go through the entire start-up sequence each time it catches a slight bit of dirt.

I think it's something to do with the chip not remembering the function states when power is removed, but i've tried to set CV122 to the right value, but to no avail, so it's most likely something specific to this sound project.

• RMweb Gold

Have you asked LegomanBiffo if that can be done with the current version of the File on your Chip?

Lovely chap, always happy to help :).

Meld

I haven't as yet, I thought I would open it up to the RMWEB forum first in case anyone else has done something similar. Dropping Legomanbiffo a line was going to be my next port of call.

I haven't as yet, I thought I would open it up to the RMWEB forum first in case anyone else has done something similar. Dropping Legomanbiffo a line was going to be my next port of call.

We will get back.  Charlie.

He is moving house at the moment so might not be as quick as normal.  Charlie

On LokSound v3.5, you could turn the speed to step 1, and even without the loco moving, pressing F1 would kick in the engine sounds instantly, bypassing the start-up sequence. This does not work with v4 decoders: with those, I believe you'll have to get bif to reblow it with a modified project. He may possibly be able to put the start-up on a separate function key, but for a definitive answer on that, you'll have to wait for the man himself to answer.