IWM Duxford

Liam

I might be dropping by at Duxford on my way back from an event in London. Obviously it's a former airfield so there won't be any model railway specific stock in the shop(s), but last time I was there I bought an Airfix Messerschmidt kit, so I'd presume they also sell Humbrol paints and a few other odds and ends. Has anyone been there recently and noticed what (if any) modelling items they sell?

• RMweb Premium

I might be dropping by at Duxford on my way back from an event in London. Obviously it's a former airfield so there won't be any model railway specific stock in the shop(s), but last time I was there I bought an Airfix Messerschmidt kit, so I'd presume they also sell Humbrol paints and a few other odds and ends. Has anyone been there recently and noticed what (if any) modelling items they sell?

www.iwmshop.org.uk/c/1614/Models

Unlike the site, which is one of my favourites, the shop doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of models. My memories are of 5 Spitfires taking off simultaneously, a Catalina in flight. Superb place.

• RMweb Premium

Its mainly souvenirs, teddies with leather flying jackets, books, die cast planes, maybe a few kits but nothing special of a modelling nature. I bought a Haynes Manual for Empire Flying Boats when last there, not used it yet...

Dava