Squeaky bum time

LNWR lives on

Hi guys

I have not seen anything much relating to people selling on ebay so i thought i would share my current feelings

I have two items currently listed on ebay (Rakes of coaches) and started both at 99p. They now have a day to go and one has seen very little action while the other has started to do ok, but neither have got as much as yet as I was hoping for, hence it is now squeaky bum time as the end of the auctions approach.

I know their are ways to avoid squeaky bum syndrome by putting on a high starting price or a buy it now but I tend to find this puts off potential bidders

I was just wondering how other people feel/felt at this time of selling and if they get any buzz from watching things sell?

Dave

I hope some people are waiting to pounce in at the end

Certainly myself i will look through the listingson a regualr basis but not bid until the item is coming to a close for a similar reason of hoping not to inflate the porice early and pick up that bargin

but then there is always that person who seems to beat me :@

I nearly always use a snipe program for things I really want. I dislike unseemly bidding wars and don't like sitting with my fingers poised over the keyboard at all hours in dumb anticipation of some mysterious thrill of not having the fastet broadband on the block.

Excuse my ignorance, i am not the best by far with computers etc but what exactly is a snipe program?

My broadband is not the quickest by a long way hence the reason i tend to decide on a max amount and fiore it in very close to the end, usually with a small prayer

You can judge the interest by the number of watchers vs the number of people who have visited the listing. there is a counter available usually just at the bottom of the listing.

Low visitor numbers could be an incorrect title or a low volume category.

20% watchers to visitors and more than 5 watchers will result in a late run on the item.

Usually, low early bids will result in a much higher price later.

Maximum interest comes in the last day when low bids on sought after items will attract the hoarder bids.

Model railway items nearly always fetch what they are worth. Hold your nerve.

Excuse my ignorance, i am not the best by far with computers etc but what exactly is a snipe program?

You pay a small fee to someone with a fast computer and connection to make your bid in the dying seconds of the auction - that is the usual way others lose out.

It is a computer program not a person making the bid and the bid is only made if your bid is over the current offer price.

Some of the programs have facy options like conditional bidding. You only pay if the bid is actually made.

There are several available - take a look at http://www.ezsniper.com for one such example, another is http://www.auctionstealer.co.uk/ - there are others

Of course you can always get beaten by another snipe - or someone who has their finger and mind glued to the keyboard (and has a faster broadband)

I have both brought and sold quite a lot on Ebay and I guess I am the same as most buyers.

Why should a show my hand in bidding early. Unless I will not be at the computer when the lot ends I bid at the last moment. I tend not to bid on items that are either near the price I want to pay or have lots of bidders bidding. I do not tend to get as many bidding early as a couple of years ago. As a buyer I want it as cheap as possiable.

As a seller

End at a time maximum people will be at their computers and able to bid (weekends PM )

Good clear photo(s)

Good written description

better to let it run for 7 or 10 days.

Good luck

Archived