Peterborough station in present day.

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I was planning on doing a condensed version of the present day Peterborough station in OO scale but unfortunately I’ve had to seriously condense my plans after losing my job after a stroke earlier this year. I’ve come up with a plan to model from the former Royal Mail overbridge on platforms 6 and 7, the goods line all the way to Mayors Walk (Spital) bridge.

I’m also giving some consideration to doing the track on platform 5 with its associated OHL but do I do it without the platform or represent the platform by modelling from the platform edge, back a couple of scale feet? I have only about 18 inches of width to play with and the viewing would be as if you were on the real platform 5, looking towards the flats and Network Rail training school.

Any sensible suggestions would be most helpful.

Edited by jools1959

• RMweb Gold

I’m trying to work out the crossing north of platforms 4 and 5 as I can’t quite figure it out from Google maps. Is it a scissors crossing or does it have a double slip in there as well?

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Here you go - Google Maps satellite view, no double slip any more, it is a scissors crossing with a plain diamond in the middle.

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_11_47_25.png

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 3