• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Apparently Lucy makes her pies with almonds. I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.

ISTR it was The Beatles who sang Lucy in the pie with almonds?

Mike.

PS. I look forward to sampling her baps.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern
PS
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

26 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

see you later alligator.

Crocodiles have a much softer disposition and are considerably better cooks/bakers/caterers/restaurateurs. I'll stick with the softer option ta very much.

• Funny 1

M62 to close fully westbound near Huddersfield this weekend

The motorway will be fully closed westbound from 8pm on Friday 6 September to 5am on Monday 9 September.

see links

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/m62-close-fully-westbound-near-16859500?fbclid=IwAR2w1WTqTkzDN67Dwz5IGvnjxX3SZ42dSiRvWPc8Fbr1J1yN6t-E4bJv7sU

Edited by mozzer models
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, mozzer models said:

The motorway will be fully closed westbound from 8pm on Friday 6 September to 5am on Monday 9 September.

"Highways England project manager Dan Edwards said: “We’ve worked closely with Leeds City Council to choose a weekend that doesn’t conflict with any major events."

Has this man never heard of the EMGS & EM North!

He must run his department from a rhubarb shed. He should receive  a bang round't heed with a bag of custard.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

On 03/09/2019 at 18:31, mozzer models said:

see links

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/m62-close-fully-westbound-near-16859500?fbclid=IwAR2w1WTqTkzDN67Dwz5IGvnjxX3SZ42dSiRvWPc8Fbr1J1yN6t-E4bJv7sU

The work being done is nowhere near Huddersfield, Brian. It shouldn't affect travel to the venue but beware of the diversions if heading west on the M62

There is an easy detour when departing to the west; take the M1 from J39 passing under the M62 at J42 (J29 on the M62) and continue onto the M621 in a northerly direction before joining the M62 at J27.

It shouldn't impact on people coming or going from the south, the east or the North via the M1/A1 link..

Edited by Leander
More information
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Starting to get stuff together for my Demo - although I'm not 100% sure what I will need!  I'll just try to sit there and look intelligent, something I've been practising for years.

With apparent little sucess............................

Please stop and chat and pick my brains. 

If you can find what's left of them.

This is Hudson Street in EM by Dr Peter Fletcher. Hudson Street is operated as a parcels depot situated opposite the present York station. The period of operation is around 1960, when steam locos still performed pilot duties at York, but green-liveried diesels were beginning to make their appearance.   

z.HudsonSt02.jpg

z.HudsonSt04.jpg

z.HudsonSt01.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2019 at 18:31, mozzer models said:

see links

Hignways England website, RAC etc do not seem to know about this.  I cannot find any corroboration, is this fake news?

A fellow member of Wakefield RMS used to live very near South Pelaw when he was a lad, did his trainspotting from the bridge and visited the signal box so he will be visiting and running his (very) beady eye over it!