A few DMU scans

In that first picture, Chris, I reckon the train's on the up relief, heading away from the camera, with the line nearest the camera being the up goods loop.

Yes, you're right. Wasn't thinking straight! The up goods loop looks to have been recently re-ballasted, too. (CJL) 

Seems to have been a photo missing, too. Here it is. Shame these were only around for a short time - I saw this one several times at Iver, usually on the down fast, too.

post-1062-0-44663400-1546615365_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

The 121 and 117 are in the HST shed at OC which was extended so that BR could shut Southall. The extraction fans were triggered by engine noise, and as a Valenta was a lot louder than a couple of bus engines, the set-up had to be modified on their arrival.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

In that first picture, Chris, I reckon the train's on the up relief, heading away from the camera, with the line nearest the camera being the up goods loop.

Definitely on the Up Relief and it's even got a tail lamp to prove that it's heading away from the camera.

The 121 and 117 are in the HST shed at OC which was extended so that BR could shut Southall. The extraction fans were triggered by engine noise, and as a Valenta was a lot louder than a couple of bus engines, the set-up had to be modified on their arrival.

Dave

Definitely - the interiors of the Pullman Shed and HST shed were very different from each other - totally different roof construction and no side pits in the Pullman Shed.

Definitely on the Up Relief and it's even got a tail lamp to prove that it's heading away from the camera.

Definitely - the interiors of the Pullman Shed and HST shed were very different from each other - totally different roof construction and no side pits in the Pullman Shed.

Yes, I guess so. You guys know better than me and it was a long time ago. I made several visits to OOC - once on a truly awful day of screaming cold wind for the launch of the Travelling College when a two-car 101 was used to pull a failed Deltic and half a dozen 'overweight' Mk1s out into the 'daylight'. Another occasion - I think when this shot was taken - was during the preparations for the RAIL/EWS open day. (CJL)

So, can anyone tell me where - on the GW main line - this cab shot was taken? 

post-1062-0-63599600-1546704714_thumb.jpg

post-1062-0-49779900-1546704756_thumb.jpg

• Like 4