Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Johndc120

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering this as well, Mon Capitain.  Not interested personally, wrong gauge wrong period wrong area and any reasonable price is going to be out of my league, but I imagine it will not be difficult to find a buyer, and I'd find it a perfect shunting layout for home use if I was one of it's owners.  One hopes it has a future; the thought of it being skipped is not acceptable!

• Like 1

If only I had known. You could have dropped it off here just a few miles north of Thornbury. Also on the way home from here you could have popped in to Elmore on the way………..

Keith

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 06/05/2024 at 13:38, Captain Kernow said:

Out of interest, if that was Shwt's last exhibition appearance, what will happen to the layout now? ( apologies if I've missed the answer somewhere in the thread).

Fear not it's going nowhere for the moment! That was supposed to be the last show for the moment as we're all having difficulty committing to lengthy weekends with families about. Once that changes we'll be back on the road with it again!

However on the weekend we've been requested to exhibit Shwt alongside Bicsdale which is our previous layout as we once did at Swansea model railway show. So you never know we might be out again later this year

John

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Great to finally see Shwt. Very impressed with the scenic detailing and general presentation of the layout.

Thanks for inviting me round the back to see the business side of the layout when I got into conversation with you about the lighting late on Sunday afternoon, much appreciated.

I come down firmly on the side of the lighting being excellent by the way

• Like 5

Hello,

I did watch for some time at Bristol may I ask what magnets and how are they mounted do you use as I could see where they were but not what they were?

Thanks

G.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/05/2024 at 16:03, The Johnster said:

Shwt, Rob's ovine offerings, and Alastair's Middleton top are inspirational, 

Thanks for the walk on part and kind endorsement, Jonners but a small procedural point, Middleton Top is @JustinDean. You're thinking of Ladmanlow by @Alister_G , Sadly Al hasn't posted much as of late. Damn fine modeller. 

Rob. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2024 at 07:40, Johndc120 said:

Without doubt the best piece of kit we've seen on the layout, it's beautiful but also runs like a dream. not sure on the £370 price tag but depends how deep your pockets are!!

Many thanks. It certainly looks impressive. I shudder at the cost of some kit these days. I'm not an absolute rivet counter, preferring to create an overall atmosphere, so while I think the Sutton locos are great, I'm not sure, in all conscience, I could press the Place Order button.

aac

• Like 1
  • Agree 1