PowerCab glitch

MikeHunter

Hi, I've just bought a second Power Cab, and I'm having a problem with storing and switching between stored loco numbers.  I have two separate layouts, with separate feeds, and one PowerCab for each. The older cab stores 6 loco numbers successfully, and allows me to scroll between them. The new Power Cab doesn't let me store more than two. It works perfectly in other respects. Swapping the two units I get the same result, so its definately something to do with the handset. Any ideas? I've proablably missed something very obvious when setting it up. Can't see anything I've missed in the handbook though.

The original Powercabs ones were only able to store 2 locos in the 'recall' function, so your secondhand one is probably one of those. When switched on should display V1.28c.

Later PowerCabs were upgraded to store 6 locos. I believe it is possible to upgrade. 

Firstly, have you tried to reprogram your handset to 6 recalls?

If your handset is too early and you need 6 recalls then the upgrade chip is available form various DCC dealers.

My fave is Coastal DCC. You now need V1.65b chip.

Dave

Edited by dasatcopthorne

The original Powercabs ones were only able to store 2 locos in the 'recall' function, so your secondhand one is probably one of those. When switched on should display V1.28c.

Later PowerCabs were upgraded to store 6 locos. I believe it is possible to upgrade. 

Sorry if my post was unclear. its a second unit, not a second hand one. I'll check the version number, but its a brand new unit from Hattons not a second hand one.

Firstly, have you tried to reprogram your handset to 6 recalls?

If your handset is too early and you need 6 recalls then the upgrade chip is available form various DCC dealers.

My fave is Coastal DCC. You now need V1.65b chip.

Dave

Thanks Dave I'll check, but suspect it should work with the six. Its brand new.

Sorry if my post was unclear. its a second unit, not a second hand one. I'll check the version number, but its a brand new unit from Hattons not a second hand one.

Apologies. I misread your post. As it's new it should be able to store/recall 6 locos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...