Smoke Deflectors for Hornby Lord Nelson

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone make suitably accurate smoke deflectors for the new Hornby Lord Nelson?

The Southern Railway liveried model released so far is not suitable for the era that I model: 1938 - 1948, when they were fitted with deflectors.

I am sure one will appear eventually but nothing is in the current years programme.

This was discussed the other week in the thread in the Hornby section. I don't think there is a currently available replacement set of smoke deflectors. Jackson Evans used to do them.

They were fitted pretty early on. The first 11 didn't have them from new, the rest did. All had them by 1930.

It's also worth being aware that they received wide Lemaitre chimneys in 1938/9 and the later tenders between 1937 - 1940. So I would suggest waiting for a suitable one for your period or back dating a BR version rather than altering a SR version to a later version.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jason

I searched but had not found the discussion on the Hornby thread, so thanks for responding.

I did think that the SR model that they put out was a bit narrow in appeal so I shall probably do as you say and stick with my tweaked Bachmann versions for the time being.

Tony