Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Rugby Union

tigerburnie

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, robert17649 said:

oops that wasn't in the script

But aren't you glad it was. Didn't see the 1st half of France - England but wondering how people are not being carried off given the hits i've seen in the last 20 mins. I may be supporting England but this French side look like they really want this.

• 3 weeks later...

Some excellent ties on this weekend in the European Cup competitions, the Welsh and Scots sides haven't done very well, but plenty of English, Irish and French interest still, decides who goes through for the quarter finals, the season is starting to get to the business end now.

Tigers will have to be at the very top of their game to go through against Leinster (but good luck to them!).   It’s a shame they are not joined by Harlequins in the quarter finals, something the clowns that write for the Sunday Times pin on Marcus Smith but was really down to the unnecessary penalty Quins conceded at the end of the previous leg.

Charlie 

• RMweb Gold

I don't know.  Someone (possibly Andy Farrell) once quipped that Wigan's game plan was to get the ball to Jason Robinson as quickly as possible and if he didn't score ask him why not.

• Funny 2

The mighty Tigers take a trip down to London to visit Grand Dad Bobs team, we have gone for our usual for this year with a selection of experience and players with little first team experience. Plenty of talent on show and I'm sure our lads will fancy causing an upset at the Stoop, home advantage should make the tie difficult, but we are  putting together some decent results, so all to play for.

• RMweb Gold

Yep TB, really enjoyed that particularly as the oh so sporting French fans did their usual trick of booing everything the English lasses did, even when they came off the pitch after their warm up.

• RMweb Gold

Sunday - Gotta love London Irish this year as there never seem to know if they are beaten. and as a result are now the Premiership record holders for the number of draws in a season. For the rest of you it must be so predictable with just win or lose 😀

Tuesday update - Just watched the highlights - What an absolute piece of burglary right down to the penalty try as the last moment of the game. Deserves another smiley - 😀

Edited by pirouets

We got taken apart in the first half and were playing catch up in the second, we won the second half, but not as well as they won the first, the ref was dreadful, but he didn't cost us the game. Now need to win at Newcastle to guarantee first place in the league.

Leicester Tigers had a busy day at the shops..........................

This bunch are from the clubs academy
Joe Browning
Jacob Cusick
Sam Edwards
Emeka Ilione
Tom Manz
Archie Vanes

This bunch are re-signings
Chris Ashton
Sean Jansen
Kini Murimurivalu
Harry Simmons
Richard Wigglesworth

This bunch are new signings
Phil Cokanasiga
Olly Cracknell
James Cronin
Jimmy Gopperth

Handre Pollard
Anthony Watson

We are losing a few as well

• 3 weeks later...

Well Tigers end up top of the league, which of course for some stupid reason the RFU and PRL turn a blind eye to and we get absolutely nothing to show for it. Home semi final next week in the payoffs against our neighbours Northampton. I have to say I am very pleased with the season, the results we have put together have exceeded what I thought we would achieve. Hats off to Steve Borthwick and his team, just hope England don't try to pinch them from us for a bit.

• Like 1