00 Buffers in extended or 'long' position help!

Does anyone know where I can purchase 00 gauge buffers in the long position as I am doing up a mk3 sleeper and would like one end, loco end, to have the buckeye dropped and the buffers in the correct position.

The only reference I have found to any being on the market are from 'Fourmost ABC models' but they are for whatever reason no longer about? and I am unable to find any other supplier that has either taken over their production or produce their own.

Many thanks,

James. 

They are really going to need to be sprung and use the proper screw coupling too or the gap between loco and carriage will have to be too large.

I have only ever seen retracted buffers available (which is not to say they aren't available).

• Agree 1

I gave been altering RTR stock to have retracted buffers for 20 or 30 years now to avoid buffer locking when I close couple my BR standard stock. 

It looks to me like the Hornby Mk3 buffers are in the extended position out of the box. They should be approx level with the corridor connection when extended and 6" / 2mm approx back when retracted.

1 hour ago, Gt.Shefford said:

Comet models (now avaliable from wizard models/MSE) sell extended and retracted buffers

C41 BR retracted buffers x12 

C42 BR extended buffers x12

Jonathan 

But bear with him as Andrew is having problems with his website.

The old Comet Models website is still available though you can't order from it.

http://www.cometmodels.co.uk/

Jason

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...