Twilight of the 313's (pt.2)

Travelling from the Brighton area, to the BRM 'do' at Ally Pally, last month, the sensible way to go, would be via Kings Cross. Me NOT being sensible, I thought I'd get potentially my last ride on a 313 out of Moorgate. The Network South East era signage has gone now, but the trains remained the same. I was hoping for the full Northern City Line experience, but our return from Ally Pally was diverted to Kings Cross at short notice. These, rather half-hearted shots, were taken on the 24.3.19. The next day, I was notified that the first of the 717's were entering service..

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Just three 717's out of thirty in use at the moment, being double manned until the signal sighting issues are sorted out.

Most of the 717's are stored at various locations including all the way down south at West Worthing!

Three have now been binned however, 026, 050 and 055 I think thus far.  

The GN 313's are on borrowed time now but a lot more than was originally anticipated.

The Southern ones meanwhile (possibly to be joined by a few ex GN ones at some point) may yet make it almost to the class's fiftieth birthday yet.

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

The Southern ones meanwhile (possibly to be joined by a few ex GN ones at some point) may yet make it almost to the class's fiftieth birthday yet.

British Rail Engineering Limited. Quality trains built here in the U.K. As has been proved by long drawn out squeezing of assets since privatization.

• Like 2