Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

What if tehy were BR Blue and TOPS?

I find it interesting how we all apply our own filters when it comes to what is after all toy trains.

Clive will happily paint his blue only diesels in green and I will look at them think they don't look right, but then I am running 2 BR Well Tanks among a whole host of Southern & GW Green things and not notice the glaring inconsistency.

I agree with Chard though, probably only the 35 would have made it to TOPS had traffic survived for them.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2019 at 14:46, The Johnster said:

You can’t, unfortunately, dual brake a Hymek, as there’s no room aboard to put the compressor and other equipment, even in the space vacated by a removed steam heating boiler.  This is one of the reasons for their withdrawal along with the Warships, ahead of the Westerns by a few years as the Westerns were dual braked.  The hydraulics were in some ways victims of their own success as small, lightweight locos with a better power/weight ratio than a similar specced diesel-electric.  

You can, of course, do anything you want to under the absolute authority granted by Rule 1, but my interpretation of the Rule Of Rules is that physical impossibilities are not permissible.  As Scottie said on the Starship Enterprise, ‘Ye canna change the laws ‘o physics, Captain...’. 

Thanks J

Interesting....this is just the kind of information that is very useful in making a decision about how these loco will evolve....Jim  always listens to Scotty....i think  i will too. 

6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

This thread is all wrong...all wrong I am telling you.

1203551378_002(2)a.jpg.d88b1c67fe9cffac98db387fc86e70c2.jpg

1368140100_004(2)a.jpg.8b869db4a44724ebd818a71c37178666.jpg

Now what serious modeller would do a daft thing and paint locos that were never blue into blue?

Clive they'd look so much better with domino dots don't you think;)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I can’t answer your question, but you might enjoy this: 

Roy

Thanks Roy...i'd seen this but didn't realize it was O gauge, to an extent this is what has fired me up to get this long held wish finally under way.

B

Do you folks think the work plates on the class 16 would have been painted over? 

would they have been moved to the sole bar like the class 22

Where can i get these work plates?

BW

B

On 03/05/2019 at 18:28, brenn said:

Do you folks think the work plates on the class 16 would have been painted over? 

would they have been moved to the sole bar like the class 22

Where can i get these work plates?

BW

B

Given their size a sliver of plasticard may be good enough? 

Superb company that does kits and bits including etched plates of every conceivable kind including works plates from all the private builders. They do 3 types for NB. You even get to choose the works number and date of manufacture, though you'll need an eyeglass to read them. Just Google Narrow Planet and select 'Custom etched products'. (No connection other than as a satisfied customer!)

1 hour ago, Barclay said:

Superb company that does kits and bits including etched plates of every conceivable kind including works plates from all the private builders. They do 3 types for NB. You even get to choose the works number and date of manufacture, though you'll need an eyeglass to read them. Just Google Narrow Planet and select 'Custom etched products'. (No connection other than as a satisfied customer!)

thanks plates ordered hopefully i'll get them before the repaint finished

4 hours ago, brenn said:

Any body know of a Place to source red circle coupling codes...possibly off the shelf?

I'd go down the fine-tipped permanent marker route for this.  Practice on some scrap plastic for a bit first, then when you're confident, pop them on.