website

Hearts1874

does anyone else have hassle on the website changing there password its an absolute joke trying to don't even get a reply email to change it been trying to pre-order a class 92 for weeks still no luck might just wait for DJ models class 92

cheers

john

hallo,

If you wish to pre-order right now, you can pre-order at Rails of Sheffield. Check out the RoS site. Prices are identical and no money taken right now. I have ordered my 92s this way.

It may not solve the password problem right now, but you will have secured the 92s, and you can work on the password more relaxed.

Hope this helps 

es grüßt 

pc

if you do not get the password change Email from the website then it has probably been throw away by your ISP as being spam, and not put in the your junk/spam folder. You probably will not get notification emails of models shipping either. this is what happen to me. I created a new account on the website using a different ISP and can change the password fine using that one. 

So it is probably your ISP that is stopping the mails getting to you. 

However I think that it a RevolutionTrains issue that is causing your ISP to drop the mails. there is a thing called Sender Policy Framework (SPF, no nothing to do with Sun Protection Factor).

SPF has a list of servers that can send emails from Revolution Trains and I think that at least one system which is part of the website is not listed, therefore your ISP assumes the website emails are using forged addresses. The list does include the RevolutionTrains mail system.

Incidently if you use the contact system on the website RevolutionTrains do get the message and you should get the reply.

Not all ISP’s enforce the SPF check at present so if you have a second email address/different ISP you may be able to get the notifications by changing. if your second email address is with the same ISP as the first then the change will probably not work. British  Telecom is one ISP that enforce the Check but Hotmail (Microsoft) do not or did not when I had the same problem. But SPF checking is being implemented by more and more ISP’s to stop the Spam

13 minutes ago, Bob83a said:

if you do not get the password change Email from the website then it has probably been throw away by your ISP as being spam, and not put in the your junk/spam folder. You probably will not get notification emails of models shipping either. this is what happen to me. I created a new account on the website using a different ISP and can change the password fine using that one. 

So it is probably your ISP that is stopping the mails getting to you. 

However I think that it a RevolutionTrains issue that is causing your ISP to drop the mails. there is a thing called Sender Policy Framework (SPF, no nothing to do with Sun Protection Factor).

SPF has a list of servers that can send emails from Revolution Trains and I think that at least one system which is part of the website is not listed, therefore your ISP assumes the website emails are using forged addresses. The list does include the RevolutionTrains mail system.

Incidently if you use the contact system on the website RevolutionTrains do get the message and you should get the reply.

Not all ISP’s enforce the SPF check at present so if you have a second email address/different ISP you may be able to get the notifications by changing. if your second email address is with the same ISP as the first then the change will probably not work. British  Telecom is one ISP that enforce the Check but Hotmail (Microsoft) do not or did not when I had the same problem. But SPF checking is being implemented by more and more ISP’s to stop the Spam

funny thing is i get all other emails from revolution trains regarding product updates etc

but its all sorted now password changed after 10 goes and cl92 ordered

cheers

john

9 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

hallo,

If you wish to pre-order right now, you can pre-order at Rails of Sheffield. Check out the RoS site. Prices are identical and no money taken right now. I have ordered my 92s this way.

It may not solve the password problem right now, but you will have secured the 92s, and you can work on the password more relaxed.

Hope this helps 

es grüßt 

pc

wish i knew rails were doing them

password all sorted now and cl92 ordered