Trans Pennine Class 802?

atom3624

I stopped 'rivet counting' a long time ago - 'very good likeness' is normally acceptable, 'though I can get drawn into discussions on finer details at times ....

Strange opening line I know, but having seen photos of the Class 802 in TPE livery BEGS the question if Hornby will be releasing a version of it ...

Are there any significant bodywork differences between the GWR 800/0 and this?

I think this looks absolutely STUNNING!!

branded_Hitachi.jpg

Al.

• Agree 3

Yes, it was covered in the Hornby 800 thread. 

There are three key differences: the brake radiators on the roof, DPTF kitchen only takes two windows (you'll note the Hornby motor hides behind the current three window arrangement) and (not mentioned last August) there shall be three 'scrubbers' fitted to the three MeS coaches at the opposite end to the CET tanks. 

Surely a possible thing for Hornby to address? If you take the model apart, you'll see the roof is a changeable slide and the current brake radiators on the roof are clipped into holes which can easily be moved on a different slide. Hopefully whilst Hornby are at it, they pop a servo into the DTP- coaches and tool a decent pantograph! 

Certainly is a catching livery, shame the the design team used 2016 fashion pallet... 

019 copy

Only photo I could find quickly of the roof (GWR 802 but the same):

802111 Par (2)

Scrubber seen on 800201 (802/2s do not yet have them fitted and thus diesel mode only north of York):

800201 5Q71 1127 Peterborough to Doncaster,Claypole Lincolnshire May 17th 2019

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5