Exmoor Rail 2019-The show next to the station

exmoordave

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Just had a look on Streetview, the area around the station has changed a great deal over the last 40 years!

Best of luck with the show tomorrow. Unfortunately I fear that it is too late for me to submit the paperwork for day release this time.

Just sneak out the back, Jack, make a new plan Stan....

:diablo_mini:

Many  of the layouts and traders now in place, all being set up in glorious sunshine, accompanied by the occasional sound of steam engines at the adjacent station!! The remainder will arrive early tomorrow morning, so let's hope it's an enjoyable day for everyone. So if you want to see the full size railway, plus the seaside and beautiful countryside, plus a quality model railway exhibition, then treat yourself to a trip to sunny Minehead!

Hope to see you there and best to all

exmoordave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I shall provide a verbal montage over breakfast the following weekend, CK. 

In a change of plan, it looks as if I will now be able to visit today after all! Very much looking forward to it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

In a change of plan, it looks as if I will now be able to visit today after all! Very much looking forward to it.

It was, as ever, lovely to see you CK and splendid to meet the Memsahib K. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well I didn't see you ! Must have been walking about to busy looking at the trade stands, managed to resist the green O2 but not the collection of S6 fish fans and mink Cs from Ian's Kirk on ray heard's stand, most disappointing thing ..........NO sheep ! or cats!  Tut tut letting your daughter down ....On mutton             I mean how can you have mutton without sheep!

Edited by Graham456
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

The cat thing will be addressed............as for the Sheep. ........well...........perhaps the very fact that people ask about them means they are there.............( Did you what I did there....?)

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Many thanks to Dave and his team for another well organised show, and also thanks to Mike3 for providing a bed for the Friday night, showing me his fantastic layout and operating Southurst for the meal break. Also good to see devonseasider is recovering and enjoying his role as babemagnet. All in all a very enjoyable couple of days in good company.

• Like 2

Saturday 3rd August 2019 the annual Exmoor Rail - Model Railway Exhibition, held at Minehead Eye, next to Minehead Station on the West Somerset Railway.
This years show saw no less than 15 layout on display in various scales, including my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918.
Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 3

Well another show is over, and a big thank you for everyone who supported us - exhibitors, traders, demonstrations, societies and of course members of the public who came along. We received lots of compliments about the show and especially about the high standard of the layouts on display.

Our annual award for modelling excellence was judged independently and the award went to NHY 581 (Rob of this parish) for his layout Mutton. So many congratulations to him - and here's a photo to prove it.....

Best to all

exmoordave

received_474552640009552 (1).jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning, Dave. 

I was taken completely by surprise by the awarding of such a splendid trophy. I've never so much as won a raffle before. This award was even more special when I realised that it had been judged by fellow modellers at the show. 

The show was a delight to be part of and I think it fair to say that the welcome that we as exhibitors received was second to none. You and the team were tremendous. 

Mutton of course played it's part and behaved itself very well with only one of the Adams Radials needing a stiff talking to during the day. 

A thoroughly enjoyable day out in a part of the world very close to my heart and one where this particular Welshman was made to feel very welcome. 

Diolch yn fawr iawn*.

Rob. 

* (Thank you very much) 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1